Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

Well Ashley Preece from BM has confirmed that Douglas has flown home now. Signing not as imminent as some think imo. 

“Have badgered about this one, getting nothing back. I was told he flew back home after holding talks, discussing terms and future plans. Deal obviously all good to go, down to player now I believe. Club representative at today's kit launch. Will ask.”

3 minutes ago, eholm said:

Well Ashley Preece from BM has confirmed that Douglas has flown home now. Signing not as imminent as some think imo. 

“Have badgered about this one, getting nothing back. I was told he flew back home after holding talks, discussing terms and future plans. Deal obviously all good to go, down to player now I believe. Club representative at today's kit launch. Will ask.”

giphy.gif?cid=8fc3c8975d2ec65e703535726f

giphy.gif?cid=8fc3c8975d2ec6565775354751

• Like 2

This is the deal I wait in anticipation for most.

The reason being I think we would have bought ourselves a talent to rival Grealish's.

This is a player who will compliment McGinn and Grealish, allowing both to play the role they became familiar with and excelled in.

I believe (and it's obvious) DL has the potential, he only has one final hurdle to make Brazil's senior team, he wants to be on the field.

A midfield of McGinn and Grealish will solidify his ability as well, and everyone at Villa will help shape him as a man who will achieve.

It's not like we are paying 30million for a championship proven player, we are paying for a Brazilian captain, proven in Serie A in Brazil and La Liga, meant to be understudy to one of the PL's best holding midfielders in Fernandinho. The only issue with that being that this kid is too good for promises that might not eventuate and won't be sidelined at City as he comes of age.

There's no way we're going to let a new player announcement upstage the new kit launch. I know Mings was but that was different. Every man and his dog was wanting that deal to happen and after his post play off final train shenanigans it was too good an opportunity to miss. Regards Luiz, my guess he flew in to meet the squad and Deano, do his Video stuff, interview etc and probably has personal stuff regards Man City and Girona to tie up. City want this done so no way has nothing been agreed regards personal terms. His agent would have done all this beforehand.

Edited by stewiek2
  • Like 1

Don't the lads fly back from USA in a day or 2 anyway? Assume its 1 day after the game since we've got other friendlies lined up.

Maybe he's flown back to join up then / after he's made his decision?

14 minutes ago, eholm said:

"Have badgered about this one, getting nothing back... So have something I just made up"

That Ashley Preece tweet is written in such a way so that whatever happens with Luiz he will look like he has inside information, on the one hand it's good to go, so if he signs that's covered, but on the other, he's flown back home, so if the deal falls through that's covered as well. He could have flown home for any number of reasons. His final sentence is basically him admitting that he doesn't actually know what's going on. He's also the same journalist who claimed last week that we were set to sign Heaton in the next few days, and then it turned out that Burnley hadn't even received any bids for him.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, useless said:

That Ashley Preece tweet is written in such a way so that whatever happens with Luiz he will look like he has inside information, on the one hand it's good to go, so if he signs that's covered, but on the other, he's flown back home, so if the deal falls through that's covered as well. He could have flown home for any number of reasons. His final sentence is basically him admitting that he doesn't actually know what's going on. He's also the same journalist who claimed last week that we were set to sign Heaton in the next few days, and then it turned out that Burnley hadn't even received any bids for him.

Nope

Chances are the work permit is taking a bit longer than expected so because he won't feature in the friendly, and because he can't train due to not being our player yet he's gone home. I am still optimistic that this will go through. 

Â