Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

4 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

It shouldn't be? Isn't there a clear points system, thus he either qualifies or not 

Doesn't work like that I don't think.

If he doesn't qualify normally there is the points system, but even if you can get the points it isn't automatic it has to be approved by a panel.

This us the issue we had with kalinic a few years ago, he got enough points but still got rejected by the panel.

Wesley got the required points and got accepted.

Douglas will almost certainly get the required points but still needs to get through the panel.

Well I can see a panel thinking he should get a work permit for being a Villa player, but they probably also think it's sickening City can go around the system this way. 

Wonder what happens if it's declined. Will City just sell him without anything attached? Guess there will be bigger fish than us lurking if that's the case. 

27 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

The work permit situation here is more complicated. I don't think there was any concern whatsoever regarding Big Wes

This. Wes had more experience including playing in the champions league. Luiz wasn't even playing for girona every week for the last 2 seasons. Man city got rejected last year and it's 50:50 for us this time around. 

Just now, Brumerican said:

Not worried at all. He just followed Big John's Erdington on Myspace.

He's a Villa player.

Mods - can we archive this post. A 2007 VT post has managed to get through the system.

• Haha 3

I didn't think we had a Player Liaison Officer now - I thought Lorna McClelland was "let go" when we got relegated?   

Pep Guardiola is currently dragging him around town trying to get him a flat sorted. Man City want this to happen as much as we do so they can get him back with a work permit next summer if he is a superstar, which I hope he will be.

1 hour ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Well I can see a panel thinking he should get a work permit for being a Villa player, but they probably also think it's sickening City can go around the system this way. 

Wonder what happens if it's declined. Will City just sell him without anything attached? Guess there will be bigger fish than us lurking if that's the case. 

Not just bigger fish, but the price would be a lot higher too. I'd guess £25-30m for an actual see ya later permanent transfer.

9 minutes ago, Hev said:

I didn't think we had a Player Liaison Officer now - I thought Lorna McClelland was "let go" when we got relegated?   

I hope that’s not true as she did a great job and it was ground breaking at the time. However if she was let go, I’d imagine the new regime will have a new system in place as it’s very important. 

15 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

I hope that’s not true as she did a great job and it was ground breaking at the time. However if she was let go, I’d imagine the new regime will have a new system in place as it’s very important. 

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villas-unsung-mother-figure-11422314 - Went as part of the 2016 ::coughs:: restructure after relegation. 

Slightly O/T, so apologies, Still struck me as a odd decision to let her go; it's one of the more pertinent points from Soccernomics, in that you spend millions on transfer fees and wages and then don't back that investment up with off-field support (in what could be one of the more turbulent times of someone's career).  I'd hope we'd have looked into some form of replacement now things are under newer ownership.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Might just be that he doesn't fancy playing for us. 

he just fancied a trip out to mall of America or whatever its called

I can believe that we've had a bid accepted and that we've spoken to him, I can believe that he doesn't want to sign, I can believe that we cant get him a work permit, struggling to believe that we flew him out to America to have a chat and that he flew home to mull it over

2 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

send him back to spain on loan for another year and then get him and EU passport 

I'm just going to believe this is all done since I don't want to be disappointed and he's flown home because there's little point him being out in the US now. Get's to have a nice proper unveiling as well 

43 minutes ago, Hev said:

Just give em a piece of paper with MTFU on it.

Â