Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

12 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

I said that to my wife and ended up with a black eye. 

My wife spends months dropping cryptic hints about the gifts that she wants for her birthday which generally results in a stressful shopping trip for me basically buying anything she has made a vague reference to over the preceding 12 months! Praise God I don’t miss anything which will lead to radio silence for days on end!

We make it easy for them. No shopping required. No need to solve any cryptic clues. Yet, why is it that we always end up wearing a shit jumper and feeling somewhat disappointed!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

My wife spends months dropping cryptic hints about the gifts that she wants for her birthday which generally results in a stressful shopping trip for me basically buying anything she has made a vague reference to over the preceding 12 months! Praise God I don’t miss anything which will lead to radio silence for days on end!

We make it easy for them. No shopping required. No need to solve any cryptic clues. Yet, why is it that we always end up wearing a shit jumper and feeling somewhat disappointed!

Your job isn’t to question, but to just do as you are told to ensure you have an easier life! 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

Just pop a little ribbon on your old fella, that’ll do the trick.

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

Man, do I feel your pain! 

My missus always says "how did you know I wanted/needed that?" 

When it's her turn to buy for me it's "I didn't know what to get you so..."

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, privateer said:

Pure filth @ 2:50. :crylaugh:

Our forward players are going to absolutely love playing with this guy. Hourihane probably won't though, as he is never going to get in the team again! 

Edited by Made In Aston

9 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

Our forward players are going to absolutely love playing with this guy. Hourihane probably won't though, as he is never going to get in the team again! 

I'm looking forward to seeing another player in our colours who can mug players off. That was taking the piss, I loved it. An outrageous flick and the just shielded the guy out until he got him so frothy and petulant he threw him down. :lol:

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, privateer said:

I'm looking forward to seeing another player in our colours who can mug players off. That was taking the piss, I loved it. An outrageous flick and the just shielded the guy out until he got him so frothy and petulant he threw him down. :lol:

It's going to make things very difficult for the opposition, as all 3 of our midfielders can cause damage. They can't just double up on Grealish to stifle our attacking threat. Can't wait! 

29 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

It's going to make things very difficult for the opposition, as all 3 of our midfielders can cause damage. They can't just double up on Grealish to stifle our attacking threat. Can't wait! 

Yeah, it's going to be positively...

jack nicholson art GIF by hoppip

:crylaugh:

Just now, DaveAV1 said:

Surely if we’re still interested in Phillips, we just show this video to Leeds and say, “We like your boy, but we’ve just got this lad for £15m, can your lad do any of this? No? We thought not, £11m take it before we watch this again and offer you £10m”

I like your style of negotiating Dave. Shrewd.   :)

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

Surely if we’re still interested in Phillips, we just show this video to Leeds and say, “We like your boy, but we’ve just got this lad for £15m, can your lad do any of this? No? We thought not, £11m take it before we watch this again and offer you £10m”

I'd go in even harder. Show them the video then:

nothing offer GIF

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just think we could see the probable future captain of Brazil in our midfield.

Much more excited about Luiz than any else tbh as his potential is world class from what I have heard. That middle 3 could be frightening. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

Much more excited about Luiz than any else tbh as his potential is world class from what I have heard. That middle 3 could be frightening. 

Brazil captain, England captain and Scotland captain = AVFC midfield. 😎

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

You my friend are spot on.

The whole team is gonna be awesome if we keep it up.

A solid defence..

A frightening midfield.. 

And a deadly attack!

I can't wait u mntil Spurs away and we tear them a new one.

• Like 1

If he's starting DM first game at Tottenham, this is the most important signing of the Summer.

More than Mings, more than a new keeper, more than anyone.

He looks exciting as anything, and having another keen ball player with Jack and John will be a joy to watch. He must screen that defence effectively if he's playing that role though.

Â