Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

6 minutes ago, Villarocker said:

Dougie's struggling to keep his concentration, me thinks... 

IMG_1267.jpeg.0f28c39dda2e37e4eecbe6f054a51632.jpeg

8 minutes ago, Dodgyknees said:

I'd take Smith Rowe and £80m

i'd just take all the money and use it on other players tbh.

• Like 1

I think it's harsh to say this about Dougie because was certainly tired, cynical, and burnout out after playing so many games but it's worth noticing that the best we played in the business end of the season was the two games we played while DL was suspended.

3 minutes ago, Caddy said:

I think it's harsh to say this about Dougie because was certainly tired, cynical, and burnout out after playing so many games but it's worth noticing that the best we played in the business end of the season was the two games we played while DL was suspended.

Overrated. Always has been, always will be.

Good player still. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

Good player still. 

One post ago you suggested £70m would be fair for him, which would make him about the 15th (?) most expensive player in English history. So there can’t be that much difference between how you rate him and how you see others as overrating him, surely?

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, Adam2003 said:

One post ago you suggested £70m would be fair for him, which would make him about the 15th (?) most expensive player in English history. So there can’t be that much difference between how you rate him and how you see others as overrating him, surely?

Read back through some of the historic posts in this thread. I distinctly remember some posters thinking it was absolutely crazy that some of us (me included) would have accepted a fee of £100m. We were told that it was whiplash/scapegoating him 

Every player has their price. I doubt any club would pay what's needed for Dougie to leave this summer. I think we need to be signing him to a new contract in Autumn 

• Like 4

Selling Luiz would be one thing but selling him to Arsenal would be quite another. If we ever hope to compete with them over the course of a season, then it'll be a **** of a sight harder with Rice and Luiz as their starting CMs.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, lexicon said:

Selling Luiz would be one thing but selling him to Arsenal would be quite another. If we ever hope to compete with them over the course of a season, then it'll be a **** of a sight harder with Rice and Luiz as their starting CMs.

Not if we can replace him with a better player.

Luiz isn’t as good as people think. Hell, some of our best performances last season came without him and Tielemans was exceptional in that position later on in the season.

Losing him would be a blow. No question, because he’s a good player. But if we can get a good price for him and go and strengthen the first XI, then do that.

For example. 70m.

Go and buy Baena and Frimpong and you’ll still probably have some change left over.

Right now, if I had to pick my best XI with all players fit, I’m not sure he’d even get in it…hard to drop Tielemans on his recent form and Kamara is really important to our team in general. There’s the central midfield two and I doubt he’d be better out wide than McGinn, Ramsey, Rogers and Bailey. He’s not that sort of player.

Not fussed about losing Luiz for a price that allows us to seriously go and strengthen the first XI.

Absolutely no way we should sell him. He dropped off in form when asked to play a different role after Kamara got injured. With Kamara or Barkley or a new signing in the Kamara role we will get the best Doug back. 

Just look at the stats in the post above this FFS. It's like last summer when loads on here wanted to sell Watkins and a few of us were saying don't be daft in an Emery team he's a 20 goal a season striker... He might have just missed out on 20 but he got a **** of assists and has been amazing.

Would be a tragedy if Doug got sold.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Delphinho123 said:

Luiz isn’t as good as people think. Hell, some of our best performances last season came without him and Tielemans was exceptional in that position later on in the season.

Losing him would be a blow. No question, because he’s a good player. But if we can get a good price for him and go and strengthen the first XI, then do that.

For example. 70m.

Go and buy Baena and Frimpong and you’ll still probably have some change left over.

Right now, if I had to pick my best XI with all players fit, I’m not sure he’d even get in it…hard to drop Tielemans on his recent form and Kamara is really important to our team in general. There’s the central midfield two and I doubt he’d be better out wide than McGinn, Ramsey, Rogers and Bailey. He’s not that sort of player.

Not fussed about losing Luiz for a price that allows us to seriously go and strengthen the first XI.

In fairness, if it's so easy to find said " better player " the Premier League teams interested would just go the same route 

They've all got scouting networks as well.

That being said, I DO feel we could replace him, however I'd much rather he went overseas as opposed to strengthening a direct rival.

Alot more to go into the thought process than just signing a " better player ". Multiple variables.

13 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

Good player still. 

Slightly off topic but do you rate ANY of our players? 🤔

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

For example. 70m.

I agree and have said similar things.

Doug is a good player...a tidy player...technically good.

I domt buy the pass completion stats...id go to say...most are 10 yards sideways....anyway.

I do think he is overhyped. The loss of kamara has really shown this as he is looked lost for the last third of the season. Is that due to confidence...tiredness...maybe.

The main thing for me. And before I get shot down. Just go watch a couple of games from across the season and you see what I'm saying.

He is ball shy. Especially when playing from the back...karmara was better. But luiz just doesn't do it. He hides next to a player almost to look...well I'm.being marked...ok...well move then...if not for you...create something for the rest of team.

It stifles the play often meaning we go sideways or out to the wings too much then kick it long... I keep hearing its not his position...he has had three managers now and still....what is his position.

He will always be part of what we have done and where we are now but we need better in the middle...someone that wants the ball...in tight situations...not just when the game is in front making 15 yard passes sideways.

I would cash in if the price is high as being mentioned. There are better central midfielders out there...more mobile...more proactive 

Â