Mahmoud 'Trézéguet' Hassan

Demitri_C

2 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I think this applies more to AEG and Traore than Trez. For all his poor play he always gave his all and tried to help the team out defensively too. The other two whilst provided goals and assists now and then would be completely anonymous at other times. 

Trez isn’t good enough. But he always tried.

I never said he didn't work hard, if there's one thing I won't fault him for, its his work rate. I just think he was a subpar player for us no matter how hard he worked and gets given too much credit for "saving us from relegation". 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I think this applies more to AEG and Traore than Trez. For all his poor play he always gave his all and tried to help the team out defensively too. The other two whilst provided goals and assists now and then would be completely anonymous at other times.

Not really, AEG and Traore (Traore moreso) contributed a lot more to any attacking move than Trez, as they both have a load more talent than him.

3 hours ago, Adam2003 said:

While I don’t disagree with your basic premise over a season, it’s not unreasonable or unusual for a bunch of crucial goals scored in a run in the final weeks of the season that moved us from 8 points away from safety to staying up to be seen as keeping us up.

Obviously it’s a simplification because they didn’t even win us those games without the other ten players, but in that case you couldn’t claim any player ever won us a game. That’s fine, and technically accurate, but equally it’s not disrespectful of Nigel Spink to say Peter Withe’s goal won us the European Cup, even though Spink did more in the match.

It’s just an expression, not a disservice. Not sure anyone needs to get too upset about it.

Good luck to the lad - at times absolutely terrible but scored some important goals. Glad to have him off the books and be starting, say, Coutinho instead of him :)

Nailed it. Thanks buddy.

19 hours ago, Don_Simon said:

If having sentiment in football meant we kept Trezeguet, I'm delighted there's no sentiment in football. Why is it "sadly"?! He's not even close to Premier League level. He ran a lot, and is a lovely bloke. Sweet. He's made an absolute mint here, will continue to do so and has already achieved more in sport than 99% of others.

The romanticism centred on this guy would nourish Randy Lerner. Its **** mental.

I agree....but I was trying to be a caring soul...perhaps it doesn't suit me.

Edited by TRO

4 hours ago, Tom13 said:

Not really, AEG and Traore (Traore moreso) contributed a lot more to any attacking move than Trez, as they both have a load more talent than him.

Work rate of Trez + finishing of Anwar + skills of Traore would be some player

I dont think such a player is near our price range if they do exist. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Zatman said:

Work rate of Trez + finishing of Anwar + skills of Traore would be some player

I dont think such a player is near our price range if they do exist. 

You know what might be in our price range, the teleporting device from ‘The Fly’. It’s just some old 80s tech, could find one on eBay for like a tenna. We get it and teleport all three, we either get a world class footballer or the Predator… win/win

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

You know what might be in our price range, the teleporting device from ‘The Fly’. It’s just some old 80s tech, could find one on eBay for like a tenna. We get it and teleport all three, we either get a world class footballer or the Predator… win/win

Please let it be a real-life predator who hunts down Arnie!

(Not because i don't like Arnie, it would just be fun to watch).

On 23/06/2022 at 09:24, CarryOnVilla said:

He’s certainly scare the shit out of opposing teams

09412CC0-CE8B-4002-A8B9-5C3021FB3BD1.jpeg

On 23/06/2022 at 09:24, CarryOnVilla said:

i think Phil Jones was created via that machine.

giphy.gif

Â