Mahmoud 'Trézéguet' Hassan

Demitri_C

Good Luck Trez.  Loved the goals against Leicester and Arsenal. Actually thought he looked really sharp when he came on against Fulham and turned the game around. Then next game was causing Liverpool all sorts of problems, hit the post with a great effort and then got that nasty injury (which was a penalty imo). 

After that it was never really going to happen for him here.

2 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

Apart from his goals, I'll always remember him for his interview in which Jack interrupted and said "his English is shit" :lol:

Good luck Trez, the Egyptian Wiemann in my eyes! 

That was funny but also a bit rich coming from Jack :)

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Haha 1

48 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

Rumours of the sale being for around £3.75m; after we bought Trezeguet for £8.75m

A £5 million loss; but a worthy loss.

Trezeguet didn’t live up to expectations, didn’t progress to be a player who improved and increased his value. However he played a vital part in our first season back in the PL. Without his goals towards the end of the season we wouldn’t have stayed up, that’s a fact. Also responsible for giving us another day out at Wembley.

Not every player will make us profit, but if they contribute in a small part to progressing the club towards a brighter future then their transfer fee was worthwhile. 

This is so true, but also another way to look at his fee is even though we've lost circa £5 million on his transfer fees, how much profit did the club make from staying in the league thanks to his goals. For me he's a priceless player and should always be remembered as a key component in us managing to retain our league status when we needed players to step up the most. 

Edited by RichiBoi11
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

Apart from his goals, I'll always remember him for his interview in which Jack interrupted and said "his English is shit" :lol:

Good luck Trez, the Egyptian Wiemann in my eyes! 

He would love to be as good as Weimann.

• Shocked 1

Exactly

1 minute ago, RichiBoi11 said:

This is so true, but also another way to look at his fee is even though we've lost circa £5 million on his transfer fees, how mcuh profit did the club make from staying in the league thanks to his goals. For me he's a priceless player and should always be remembered as a key component in us makaging to retain our league status when we needed players to step up the most. 

Exactly the 5m loss is nothing compared to the 100m that kept us up

• Like 1

Â