Mahmoud 'Trézéguet' Hassan

Demitri_C

1 hour ago, Don_Simon said:

If having sentiment in football meant we kept Trezeguet, I'm delighted there's no sentiment in football. Why is it "sadly"?! He's not even close to Premier League level. He ran a lot, and is a lovely bloke. Sweet. He's made an absolute mint here, will continue to do so and has already achieved more in sport than 99% of others.

The romanticism centred on this guy would nourish Randy Lerner. Its **** mental.

You can’t deny his goals kept us up though 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tom13 said:

As did every other goal that season that meant we drew/won a game.

Yeah lol, I don't get the logic people say with this. Every goal helped.

Furthermore, I'm not complaining that he did score those goals, but if he had just been less shit earlier in the season(and he was largely shit), we wouldn't have needed him to score those goals in the first place. You don't get as much credit for saving someone from a dangerous situation when you were part of the reason they were in that situation in the first place.

Edited by Laughable Chimp
  • Thanks 2
  • Shocked 1

7 hours ago, The_Steve said:

You can’t deny his goals kept us up though 

We stayed up by one point, right?

So, were his goals more important than Targett's last minute goal against Brighton, Mings' against Watford? Or any goal where we won the game by one goal. 

Or, what about any of Reina's saves? Mings' blocks? Defensive actions that won us points?

The idea / notion that Trezeguet kept us up is baffling and does a complete disservice to the contributions of others. (Perhaps if Trezeguet hadn't been so poor at the start and middle of the season we'd have had even more points? Maybe).

• Like 2

Just now, Don_Simon said:

So, were his goals more important than Targett's last minute goal against Brighton, Mings' against Watford? Or any goal where we won the game by one goal. 

Or, what about any of Reina's saves? Mings' blocks? Defensive actions that won us points?

The idea / notion that Trezeguet kept us up is baffling and does a complete disservice to the contributions of others. (Perhaps if Trezeguet hadn't been so poor at the start and middle of the season we'd have had even more points? Maybe).

I hadn't seen @Laughable Chimp's post before I wrote mine. Almost identical!

1 hour ago, useless said:

Many laughed and some even got angry

Laughed at that post? Got angry at that post? 

Who did? Can you quote those posts please?

Just gone through the ten pages following that post, can’t see any critiquing or mocking the post. Were they all direct messages to you?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

Laughed at that post? Got angry at that post? 

Who did? Can you quote those posts please?

Just gone through the ten pages following that post, can’t see any critiquing or mocking the post. Were they all direct messages to you?

Really?! 🥴

8 hours ago, Laughable Chimp said:

Furthermore, I'm not complaining that he did score those goals, but if he had just been less shit earlier in the season(and he was largely shit), we wouldn't have needed him to score those goals in the first place. You don't get as much credit for saving someone from a dangerous situation when you were part of the reason they were in that situation in the first place.

Yeah I said this earlier in the thread, he probably cost us points by being so wasteful/making poor decisions in attacking situations over the course of the season.

17 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

Really?! 🥴

Yeah, really doesn’t take too long. The mood changes a little bit around 11 or 12 pages later, as I presume the palace win happened about then.

Edited by Mark Albrighton

5 hours ago, Don_Simon said:

While I don’t disagree with your basic premise over a season, it’s not unreasonable or unusual for a bunch of crucial goals scored in a run in the final weeks of the season that moved us from 8 points away from safety to staying up to be seen as keeping us up.

Obviously it’s a simplification because they didn’t even win us those games without the other ten players, but in that case you couldn’t claim any player ever won us a game. That’s fine, and technically accurate, but equally it’s not disrespectful of Nigel Spink to say Peter Withe’s goal won us the European Cup, even though Spink did more in the match.

It’s just an expression, not a disservice. Not sure anyone needs to get too upset about it.

Good luck to the lad - at times absolutely terrible but scored some important goals. Glad to have him off the books and be starting, say, Coutinho instead of him :)

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Tom13 said:

Overexaggeration sadly. He ran a lot, but he wasn't a brave player.

You're entitled to your opinion Tom but I disagree with you about him not being brave. Trezeguet never ducked a 50/50 tackle unlike AEG and to some extent Traore and would press more than any other midfielder when he played.

Trez could never be accused of giving less than 100%. He's not the best technically and his passing accuracy leaves a bit to be desired, but he's a battler not a bottler. 

In my opinion of course. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, villabromsgrove said:

You're entitled to your opinion Tom but I disagree with you about him not being brave. Trezeguet never ducked a 50/50 tackle unlike AEG and to some extent Traore and would press more than any other midfielder when he played.

Trez could never be accused of giving less than 100%. He's not the best technically and his passing accuracy leaves a bit to be desired, but he's a battler not a bottler. 

In my opinion of course. 

Didn't he score a diving header and nearly get kicked in the fave?  Or am I mixing him up with someone else?

13 hours ago, Laughable Chimp said:

I think this applies more to AEG and Traore than Trez. For all his poor play he always gave his all and tried to help the team out defensively too. The other two whilst provided goals and assists now and then would be completely anonymous at other times. 

Trez isn’t good enough. But he always tried.

1 hour ago, AntrimBlack said:

I think you are giving him far too much credit.

Most of the other team members did more to keep us up than Trezeguet.

And I would suggest you are doing them a disservice.

Makes a change from people on here that insisted only Grealish kept us up. Management and staff did nothing apparently 😂

1 hour ago, AntrimBlack said:

I think you are giving him far too much credit.

Most of the other team members did more to keep us up than Trezeguet.

And I would suggest you are doing them a disservice.

I’d argue most of them are staying at the club too. Out of the players deemed not good enough and moving on id say Trez did his fair share of contributing to us staying up and pushing on a bit.

41 minutes ago, flashingqwerty said:

Didn't he score a diving header and nearly get kicked in the fave?  Or am I mixing him up with someone else?

Not sure about a diving header but he once headed the ball on to his foot and it then went in to the back of the net :)

• Haha 1

Â