Ezri Konsa

MaVilla

8 hours ago, Tom13 said:

Tbf I did not realise that

*15 goals. (I think he has a hat-trick and 2 braces though).

If you didn't know such a basic stat how can you determine whether he is Prem quality or not? I like his overall game-play and also think he can still develop.

I would suggest his age, and goals and performances for us in the champ are enough to make him a quality signing. Was really hoping that we made that one permanent at the start of the season but was a long-shot. Maybe now Chelsea can spend and provided we retain our PL status we could make a bid... Clearly would not be cheap though.

Saw someone on Facebook talk about him potentially being a brilliant DM, got to say, I Agree. (Before all the , if he is a great CB and it ain't broke why fix it etc).

He is very good on the ball, can drive forward with decent pace, reads the game well, has a good pass on him.

I actually have said I think his only limitation at CB is that his physique is a little small.

I'd be interested in seeing it.

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Saw someone on Facebook talk about him potentially being a brilliant DM, got to say, I Agree. (Before all the , if he is a great CB and it ain't broke why fix it etc).

He is very good on the ball, can drive forward with decent pace, reads the game well, has a good pass on him.

I actually have said I think his only limitation at CB is that his physique is a little small.

I'd be interested in seeing it.

He is 6' or 6'1. Plenty of great cbs were that height or even less. Thiago Silva, Puyol, Ramos, Baresi, Beckenbauer, Carvalho, Cannavaro, Koeman, De boer, Bobby Moore, mascherano (especially)

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

He is 6' or 6'1. Plenty of great cbs were that height or even less. Thiago Silva, Puyol, Ramos, Baresi, Beckenbauer, Carvalho, Cannavaro, Koeman, De boer, Bobby Moore, mascherano (especially)

Wasn't he actually a DM reverse engineered into a CB?

The stint at RB has helped his game. He is better in his individual battles now. His ability to bring the ball out of the back is going to be beneficial to us. 

Moment of the season when he gave that look to Mings "wtf are you doing" just with a glare vs Everton I think.. Potential captain. 

• Like 2

He could be a good player but he isn't yet, he should be our third choice centre back and bring in a first choice centre back who is even better than Mings.

Effectively this would lock up our central defence positions and we can just concentrate elsewhere.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, paul514 said:

He could be a good player but he isn't yet, he should be our third choice centre back and bring in a first choice centre back who is even better than Mings.

Effectively this would lock up our central defence positions and we can just concentrate elsewhere.

He will never be good enough if he doesn’t play a big part in his development is due to his game time recently 

1 hour ago, gwi1890 said:

He will never be good enough if he doesn’t play a big part in his development is due to his game time recently 

He would still get loads of game time

On 23/07/2020 at 02:04, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Wasn't he actually a DM reverse engineered into a CB?

I think Southgate was what you're describing. Mascherano IMO just ended up at CB and never really knew how to play there.

Konsa attitude really impressed me this season. He responded really well to the (unfair) public bollocking from Smith at Newcastle as well. Real strong determination in him.

I wouldn't argue with seeing him at DM at times, he's lacking nothing. He was good at RB immediately after lockdown, very composed in tight areas. I think he'll start at CB in the new season though.

14 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Konsa attitude really impressed me this season. He responded really well to the (unfair) public bollocking from Smith at Newcastle as well. Real strong determination in him.

I think Smith knows him well and his character that it was the rocket he needed and wouldnt be pissed at it. After that he was one of our best players, some of his crosses at right back were delicious Beckham be proud of them

• 1 month later...

Just did some quick calculations on points per game to see who was most valuable to us over the course of the season and konsa came in first with 1.08ppg. I excluded Jack, Luiz and Mings because they all played so many games that their numbers are all pretty ropey and we already know they are our best 3 players.

The list goes like this:

1) Konsa 1.08

2) Heaton 1.05

3)Guilbert 1.04

4) Hourihane 1.4 (rounded up) 

5) Targett/Wesley 1.0

6) Mings 0.97

7) Nakamba 0.93

😎 Trez 0.91

9) Elmo 0.89

10) El ghazi 0.85

11) Davis 0.83