Ezri Konsa

MaVilla

I'd have to watch it again, but did the counter attack which led to their penalty come from him missing a tackle way up the pitch (with mings being in an attacking position too) thus leaving acres of space behind? That could've been costly, if it was him I hope he removes that from his game. Other than that he was brilliant. 

• Like 1

Was on point all game, deserved the goal.Those are the kind of goals that Konsa scored that piss players off in fifa, when they just slowly stroll on in lol. 

I think he will do well this season.

4 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

By far the best player tonight. Almost like watching Paul McGrath at times. Southgate must have been impressed with that performance. 

If I know Gareth Southgate he will be trying to call FIFA and get John Egan Ireland caps annulled so he can play for England ;) 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I thought he was excellent this evening, it’s hard to believe that he’s only 22 years old, he plays with such maturity. I’m a massive fan of his and he will only get better, hopefully with us

He's so good for his age that I'm genuinely starting to worry that a top top club may come in for him in a couple of years. He's the sort of player Man City would (understandably) go out and spend £50m on.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Spoony said:

Tbh I think he’s already better than mings 

What Mings has is a commanding presence, which is a vital attribute in the centre of defence. I agree, imo, Konsa has the most potential out the two and seems the more accomplished with the ball at his feet. It's definitely a partnership that has evolved positively and they seemed to have learnt well from the mistakes of last season. 

Long may it continue. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, WooJung said:

I'd have to watch it again, but did the counter attack which led to their penalty come from him missing a tackle way up the pitch (with mings being in an attacking position too) thus leaving acres of space behind? That could've been costly, if it was him I hope he removes that from his game. Other than that he was brilliant. 

Yes, it was.

In fact, that wasn't the only time he misread the game and attempted to intercept with no result, but they didn't leave him as exposed as this one did.

That said, he was good defensively - albeit we had an easy night given the opposition had a man less.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, abdulaziz1 said:

He’s been very good so far. Glad for him. Deserved a goal and a performance in front of Gareth Southgate. Hope that he push on from here to have a great season ahead of him.

Let’s not get carried away he’s good for his age and we are a much better team with him in there than the two other options to play with mings. I still think we need another centre back 

18 minutes ago, paul514 said:

Let’s not get carried away he’s good for his age and we are a much better team with him in there than the two other options to play with mings. I still think we need another centre back 

Which bit was getting carried away? Saying he's been good, deserves a goal or hoping he pushes on?

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, gwi1890 said:

Making a habit of scoring from set pieces , someone on here said he was poor in the air a while ago and Tuanzabe was better 😂 needs the “What’s that coming out of defence “  chant! 

😂🎼🎵🎶  What's that coming out of defence? Is it the Konsa? Is it the Konsa?

So pleased for him to have started the season so well with a winning goal this time, plus Sky's MOTM. 😀 This makes up for his disappointments last season of being denied the winning goal in two matches: by Everton and in the Watford game by the Premier League, by dubiously and harshly awarding it to Mings instead.

Edited by robby b
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Dave-R said:

Was on point all game, deserved the goal.Those are the kind of goals that Konsa scored that piss players off in fifa, when they just slowly stroll on in lol. 

I think he will do well this season.

Another Fifa fan hey. Its a nightmare for me. I currently have 297,000 units of the PS4 version sat outside my office and I have to count the buggers every day to make sure none have gone walkies 🙄

• Haha 1

Â