Ezri Konsa

MaVilla

I feel like DS has enough trust in Tuanzebe’s ability that he would only play Konsa if he is indeed fit. I am very relieved that it’s not a bad injury, the ones where you are caught when off balance like he was can often be the nastiest when it comes to knee injuries.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Richie k said:

dont understand why he played on. as a player if i wasnt 100% i wouldnt want to hinder my team

Players will always do this though. A combination of determination  and probably a bit of fear about giving up their place should the replacement do well.

Plus, we all know when the likes of El Ghazi go off to not hinder the team, it's seen as been a bit of a soft touch.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Woody1000 said:

Perhaps to keep Chelsea guessing?

I doubt they'd give a t*ss, they'd be arrogant enough to think they'd beat us no matter who we had available.

Tuchel gave no credit to Villa for beating them last season, his post match bitterness and ego was disgusting, you'd literally think they had won the match the way he ranted on.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, VillanousOne said:

I doubt they'd give a t*ss, they'd be arrogant enough to think they'd beat us no matter who we had available.

Tuchel gave no credit to Villa for beating them last season, his post match bitterness and ego was disgusting, you'd literally think they had won the match the way he ranted on.

I’d forgotten about that. What a word removed Tuchel was throughout that game. A really arrogant Representative for Wellingborough. 

Back on topic, I hope Konsa is fit and scores the winner tomorrow. 

• Like 1

Stood out again for for me today. If he played for a top 4 team he'd be touted as one of the best in the league.

The lad is flying under the radar, in a world where Ben white is worth 50m, Ezri is a true rolls Royce player, composed and just reads the game so we'll. The closest villa centre half in terms of style to McGrath I've seen.

Potentially every player eventually needs to be upgraded if we're to challenge the top 4, but he's one of the few who can play at at the top along with Emi Martinez.

I live him so don't want to knock him... 

But read the mings thread and then the Watkins thread and can't help but then say he fluffed his chance tonight, scuffed it in to the ground, was a decent save but should have scored

Great chance with the header in the 2nd half too

On a positive though there was a moment in about the 42nd minute where he doggedly chased down and tackled a Chelsea midfielder before releasing Ramsey for a shot, proper highlight reel moment of absolute quality 

Â