Ezri Konsa

MaVilla

Excellent excellent news. He'll be classed as world class in a season or two. His value now must be astronomical. Him and Mings compliment each other so well. 

There was a moment in project restart when Mings did a boo boo and Konsa bailed him out. The look Konsa gave him was pure gold   ''wtf you doing bruv''?. 

Strikers win you matches defenders win you championships. Martinez, Mings and Konsa are definitely good enough as a unit to get us top 6 in a season or two.

Edited by Sulberto21
  • Haha 1

Great news, we will now have the whip hand in keeping him here and if he leaves it will be for a big price.

He deserves the reward and the kudos that comes with the deal too.

• 2 weeks later...
On 03/04/2021 at 22:19, Sulberto21 said:

There was a moment in project restart when Mings did a boo boo and Konsa bailed him out. The look Konsa gave him was pure gold   ''wtf you doing bruv''?.

Arsenal at home, shouting "faaaaack*** hell!"

Edited by Tom13
  • Thanks 1

Honestly very poor from konsa for the 2nd goal. First he didn't close down properly giving silva time to pick out the cross. But he also sells himself out to stop a cross on bernardo silva's right foot. The very famously left footed player. About 10 times in that game did one of our defenders get beat because one of cities attacking players cut it back on to their left rather than go with their right frankly horrific defending from most of them. But knosa was directly at fault for the 2nd in my opinion.

On 23/04/2021 at 13:32, MotoMkali said:

Honestly very poor from konsa for the 2nd goal. First he didn't close down properly giving silva time to pick out the cross. But he also sells himself out to stop a cross on bernardo silva's right foot. The very famously left footed player. About 10 times in that game did one of our defenders get beat because one of cities attacking players cut it back on to their left rather than go with their right frankly horrific defending from most of them. But knosa was directly at fault for the 2nd in my opinion.

Mm wasn't that Martinez fault calling for a cross from the left he couldnt claim. Not sure how was Konsa fault

Will be good to see how Konsa bounces back from his first stinker of the season. The one thing I love about our CB pairing is they don't hide after making a mistake. 

Edited by Rightdm00
Spelling
  • Like 1

I wouldn't say it was a stinker. First 20 minutes he was fine and then it was a very soft penalty (imo ref wouldn't have given it if he hadn't given a similar one for us 10 minutes before) And as likes of Gerrard showed, can't do much if you just slip over.

Thought after that he cut out quite a few of their crosses so was still reading the game fine.

His Gerrard-esque slip was unfortunate. But later on there was that alarming moment when he headed the ball so blatantly at our goal! Yikes! I mean that was so nearly a fantastic, spectacular own goal. Yes, the ball was the wrong side of his head, unfortunately, but I think it would maybe have been better in this case if he'd tried to move his head out of the way. (Easier said than done, I admit, when the ball's coming fast at you and you have to make a split second decision. I'd probably have pulled off the spectacular own goal, top corner).

Edited by robby b

16 hours ago, robby b said:

His Gerrard-esque slip was unfortunate. But later on there was that alarming moment when he headed the ball so blatantly at our goal! Yikes! I mean that was so nearly a fantastic, spectacular own goal. Yes, the ball was the wrong side of his head, unfortunately, but I think it would maybe have been better in this case if he'd tried to move his head out of the way. (Easier said than done, I admit, when the ball's coming fast at you and you have to make a split second decision. I'd probably have pulled off the spectacular own goal, top corner).

TBH i think the header would have been disallowed if it went it. Pretty clear free kick in my opinion. VAR wouldnt let that one stand. 

Konsa, like just about every CB, makes mistakes from time to time - he happened to be punished harshly yesterday. Given the sort of player he is, I think he'll learn from them and he and we will be better off for it in the long run. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Â