Ezri Konsa

MaVilla

2 hours ago, Mantis said:

He's still only 23 as well.

If he starts the season well there’s an opportunity of making the squad for Qatar. More chance of Ezri taking Stones’ place than Mings shifting Slabhead, imo.

11 minutes ago, Awol said:

If he starts the season well there’s an opportunity of making the squad for Qatar. More chance of Ezri taking Stones’ place than Mings shifting Slabhead, imo.

He’s not going to take Stones place (barring serious injury to Stones) but he could conceivably take Coady’s spot in the 26. 

27 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

He’s not going to take Stones place (barring serious injury to Stones) but he could conceivably take Coady’s spot in the 26. 

Yes, I said he could make the squad and has more chance of shifting Stones than Mings has of replacing Maquire. 

You’re agreeing with me! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LondonLax said:

Yeah exactly. Stones and Maguire's places are assured no matter what their form.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Mantis said:

Yeah exactly. Stones and Maguire's places are assured no matter what their form.

Yeah, they are part of the tightest defence the Euros has ever seen. It would take a pretty spectacular and long term change in form for the manager to lose faith in either of them.

• Like 1

On 06/07/2021 at 20:32, AvfcRigo82 said:

I think Konsa will kick on again this season after having a pretty solid season last season.

And then some.

He just gets better and better.

I think Terry is a big fan of Ezri going by his Insta comments, which is a huge statement of how good he is now and also his future potential. 

£12 million was it from Brentford….bargain!

Question time:

Did Konsa go undribbled past all last season as I do not know the answer to that or did someone manage to break his run?

Thx to anyone for the answer in advance.

2 hours ago, Dave-R said:

Question time:

Did Konsa go undribbled past all last season as I do not know the answer to that or did someone manage to break his run?

Thx to anyone for the answer in advance.

Stats from the 2020/21 season (Must have played at least 20 games to qualify) 

*Stats taken from Opta

10) Harry Maguire (Manchester United) – dribbled past 0.4 times per game this season
Total times dribbled past this season: 11
Minutes played: 2700
Tackles per game: 0.8
Attempted tackles per game: 1.1
Tackles attempted this season: 34

9) Aaron Wan-Bissaka (Manchester United) – 0.4
Total times dribbled past this season: 10
Minutes played: 2520
Tackles per game: 2.7
Attempted tackles per game: 3.1
Tackles attempted this season: 87

😎 Eric Dier (Tottenham) – 0.3
Total times dribbled past this season: 7
Minutes played: 1890
Tackles attempted this season: 23

7) Adam Webster (Brighton) – 0.3
Minutes played: 1965
Tackles per game: 1.1
Attempted tackles per game: 1.4
Tackles attempted this season: 30

6) Angelo Ogbonna (West Ham) – 0.3
Minutes played: 2043
Tackles per game: 0.9
Attempted tackles per game: 1.2
Tackles attempted this season: 28

5) Tyrone Mings (Aston Villa) – 0.3
Total times dribbled past this season: 8
Minutes played: 2475
Tackles attempted this season: 29

4) Jonny Evans (Leicester) – 0.3
Total times dribbled past this season: 6
Minutes played: 2116
Tackles attempted this season: 27

3) Ruben Dias (Manchester City) – 0.2
Total times dribbled past this season: 6
Minutes played: 2485
Attempted tackles per game: 1
Tackles attempted this season: 27

2) Lewis Dunk (Brighton) – 0.1
Total times dribbled past this season: 4
Minutes played: 2430
Tackles attempted this season: 29

1) Ezri Konsa (Aston Villa) – 0.1
Total times dribbled past this season: 3
Minutes played: 2340
Tackles per game: 0.7
Attempted tackles per game: 0.8
Tackles attempted this season: 21

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

By the way, just my take on those stats, how **** good is AWB defensively??

Only dribbled past 10 times in 2520 mins as a full back. That is insane. 

Only had to play vs grealish once 😉

But yeah its surprising that for our defensive set up at England Southgate has never even looked at the best RB defensively, not sure ive ever seen a utd player so overlooked by England 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, LondonLax said:

Steve Holland came out yesterday and said he was the best player in the squad, based it on his leadership qualities and talking 

I can imagine mings and coady as back up / cheerleaders is a big boost, both really vocal good personalities and that with what this squad is doing in terms of harmony it'll be really hard to crack the Qatar squad for anyone next season 

Still really konsa gets the chance to show what he can do 

16 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Steve Holland came out yesterday and said he was the best player in the squad, based it on his leadership qualities and talking 

I can imagine mings and coady as back up / cheerleaders is a big boost, both really vocal good personalities and that with what this squad is doing in terms of harmony it'll be really hard to crack the Qatar squad for anyone next season 

Still really konsa gets the chance to show what he can do 

I feel like if Konsa broke into the squad he’d quickly become a regular member of it.  

6 hours ago, LondonLax said:

Yeah, they are part of the tightest defence the Euros has ever seen. It would take a pretty spectacular and long term change in form for the manager to lose faith in either of them.

Yeah agreed you’re not wrong at this point but there is always more turnover between tournament squads for one reason or another than we expect, whether injury or drops in form etc. Stones has already been in the squad for 2016, 2018 and now which is itself pretty astonishing. I’d assume he’ll be first choice in the WC and will then be in his 30s after that point so more likely to get shifted for future tournaments depending how form and fitness hold up. 

Getting in the squad is a nice realistic target for Konsa as there is a lot of competition. But then I guess a year ago people were saying that about Jack as he’d never been near a squad…

1 hour ago, Steero113 said:

By the way, just my take on those stats, how **** good is AWB defensively??

Only dribbled past 10 times in 2520 mins as a full back. That is insane. 

But so dreadful going forward. United fans hate him. I was reading yesterday they were slating him and Lindeloef as the reason Maguire is so poor for United vs England haha

Â