Ezri Konsa

MaVilla

6 hours ago, Digavilla said:

Yes exactly , much calmer & better game positioning games than Stone,  especially the mistake against Poland.. 

and even Eric Dier is getting shoehorned into the squad because he can sometimes play CB... madness when we’ve got quality like Ezri to call up 

Yet another excellent move by the people running the club. His level of performance has been so consistently high I think it's possibly only been bettered by Dias at City among all PL centre backs.

The fact he hasn't so much as made an England squad, let alone been capped is yet another sad indictment of the Southgate era.

Edited by YouUnastanFren

57 minutes ago, hippo said:

I doubted him for a long time. Happy to say he has rammed my words right down my throat.

Pleased he has been rewarded and pleased he will be around for a while yet.

Amazing isn't it? Start of last season we were all saying Mingels and how good a partnership that looked. Some even compared to mellberg and laursen. Now though, ezri is arguably more important than mings

Only aspect of Konsa's game I could really criticise is that I think he could do a bit more on the ball and perhaps relieve some of the burden from Mings in terms of building from the back. It's surprising that he was signed with the reputation of being a ball playing defender but his passing stats are actually quite sub-par in comparison to other CBs across the top 5 leagues, while in terms of pure out and out defending he's been nothing short of brilliant.

That isn't to say he's actually bad on the ball and always giving it away, more that he's not exactly progressive while having the ability to do so. I'm sure it'll come along though if the rest of his game is anything to go by.

Delighted he's signed on again, alleviates some of the worry that was creeping in for some and we can crack on with the comfort of knowing one of the best defensive units in the league will be remaining firmly intact.

44 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Amazing isn't it? Start of last season we were all saying Mingels and how good a partnership that looked. Some even compared to mellberg and laursen. Now though, ezri is arguably more important than mings

I think he is much better than Mings, and has a higher ceiling at this stage of his career.

2 hours ago, YouUnastanFren said:

Yet another excellent move by the people running the club. His level of performance has been so consistently high I think it's possibly only been bettered by Dias at City among all PL centre backs.

The fact he hasn't so much as made an England squad, let alone been capped is yet another sad indictment of the Southgate era.

I think he also qualifies for Portugal?

1 minute ago, AntrimBlack said:

I think he is much better than Mings, and has a higher ceiling at this stage of his career.

He’s a Rolls-Royce of a central defender

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

I think he'll develop into a better player but lets not underestimate how important Mings' leadership is for us. Both are absolute quality imo.

• Like 4

Huge news. Off the field we seem to be light years ahead of how the club has operated under previous administrations 

6 hours ago, GingerCollins29 said:

I actually agree. I said arguably because i realise it may offend if nail my colours to a particular mast.

Im not having a go at you but quoted you since you brought it up. I see people all the time comparing Mings and Konsa as if they are in competition with each other. I understand is a bit of an anti-Mings vibe amongst some Villa fans especially on social media but I dont know why people praising Konsa have to take a dig at Mings and vice versa. Strange times

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

Im not having a go at you but quoted you since you brought it up. I see people all the time comparing Mings and Konsa as if they are in competition with each other. I understand is a bit of an anti-Mings vibe amongst some Villa fans especially on social media but I dont know why people praising Konsa have to take a dig at Mings and vice versa. Strange times

Just to clarify...did you think my post had a dig at mings? If it did, was never my intention. I absolutely love mings and if you were to look back at my posts, you'll see i staunchly defended hom several times when he was under the kosh from some villa fans.

Delighted either way to have two top class cb's, who seem genuinely decent, fan favourites at villa.

18 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Just to clarify...did you think my post had a dig at mings? If it did, was never my intention. I absolutely love mings and if you were to look back at my posts, you'll see i staunchly defended hom several times when he was under the kosh from some villa fans.

Delighted either way to have two top class cb's, who seem genuinely decent, fan favourites at villa.

No I didnt think it was a dig :) 

Â