Tom Heaton

midian

2 hours ago, thabucks said:

Yep .... just wouldn’t be against signing a European one again just because the last two didn’t work out... I don’t  really care where they are from as long as they are better than what we have... 

Heaton certainly is.

6 minutes ago, AVTuco said:

What's holding up this signing? I thought it was done long ago.

Why do you think that? The ONLY piece of actual news we have had is that Burnley have received no approaches for him. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Why do you think that? The ONLY piece of actual news we have had is that Burnley have received no approaches for him. 

Yet newspaper guesswork and social media is more often believed.

I think Heaton, as this stage, would be my prefered option. We've got an incredibly young squad at the moment, and maybe one or two older and wiser heads can provide that grounding or share their pearls of wisdom when the chips are down or when we're in danger of getting carried away. Those types of players are worth a little extra in my eyes. Heaton is a captain, he's 33 and has plenty of know how and experience. Please sign him up, could prove to be vital!!

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 09/07/2019 at 20:59, Tomaszk said:

Got a pal who has had a Burnley season ticket for about 15 years. Just asked him about Heaton and he's given me some remarkable confidence.

"More than solid, an absolutely outstanding purchase. Top class keeper.

I would be absolutely gutted to lose him, however I do feel Pope is the better keeper overall so I can see why he is looking to leave.

10m should get him, and that would seriously be a snip.

I’m telling you having seen both Pope and Heaton that they are genuinely 2 of the best English 3 keepers.

He seriously has no weakness whatsoever other than he doesn’t come off his line and collect the ball enough. Pope is brilliant at that, that’s why I prefer him. But many Burnley fans will tell you Heaton is better, there really is nothing between them.

If you get him I can confidently say in 2 months time you’ll message me saying how brilliant he is.

They are both better goalkeepers all round than Pickford and Butland, I’m sure of it."

#AnnounceHeaton

#AnnounceHeaton

Â