Wesley Moraes

Tomaszk

11 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

I agree, wasn't he starting to look settled until his injury cut short his progress?

Not really, we drew 5-5 with Forest and they had 5 shots.

He is nowhere near good enough and no amount of time out of the team is going to convince me he might all of a sudden be good enough. He cost us 10+ points last season and shouldn’t ever play for us again if we want to be serious about staying in the Premier League.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Delphinho123 said:

Not really, we drew 5-5 with Forest and they had 5 shots.

He is nowhere near good enough and no amount of time out of the team is going to convince me he might all of a sudden be good enough. He cost us 10+ points last season and shouldn’t ever play for us again if we want to be serious about staying in the Premier League.

Maybe Dean will sign a new goalkeeper next Wednesday just for you then.

2 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Wesley starting. So he was just scratching his arse after all. 

Will you learn from this? 

No.

It’ll go the other way. Every time one of our players goes down injured it’ll be “Please be an itchy arse” or “look at the fingers, definitely a scratching motion.”

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Shropshire Lad said:

It’ll go the other way. Every time one of our players goes down injured it’ll be “Please be an itchy arse” or “look at the fingers, definitely a scratching motion.”

How many fingers?

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

How many fingers?

Mmm.....If t's 2 by any chance, either he potentially has clingons having a hairy arse, or...lets not go there. One is a definite concern. Hopefully it was a proper riff and he used a few.

5 minutes ago, maqroll said:

Not too impressed with his whingeing at Hourihane during that game

I didn't see that as stream was bad.

However at this stage, i'm inclined to not take it too seriously.

Sentimentally though, don't want any player coming in and trying to billy big bollox it with any of our senior players.

Bare in mind though, it's sport, doesn't mean he is a prick. (Well we don't know that yet but, hope you see where i'm going)

Deano is on record as not liking that sort of thing either.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

5 minutes ago, maqroll said:

What concerns me having seen that though is that he's got a bit of a reputation for being a prick.

Oh does he?

I really didn't know that.

As punishment we need to put him on 1 - 2 attacking scenario drills with Kodjia, they'll get along great there.

On a serious note though, didn't know this, will admit to thinking he has a bit of a "prick" look about him in the face, but until further notice "In Deano we trust".

ALSO, I stayed up until (now 5:10 am in the morning here to watch the match) and am on the beers, so if I seem a bit Loopy I hope fellow VTers understand.

Could be a combo of being frustrated by himself, trying to hard and things not coming off, nerves etc so taking it out on someone else

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

No he hasn't. He had a reputation for poor discipline. 

I have absolutely no issue with players demanding more from their teammates. 

Except Hourihane wasn't at fault.

Not trying to bang a pot here, just an observation. 

Surely pre-season is the perfect time for working these things out and letting your team mates know what you expect from them. It doesn't make him a nob or that he has a sense of superiority.

Personally, I want all of our players pushing each other and expecting more and more from each other, as long as it's handled well. 

19 minutes ago, Wezbid said:

Surely pre-season is the perfect time for working these things out and letting your team mates know what you expect from them. It doesn't make him a nob or that he has a sense of superiority.

Personally, I want all of our players pushing each other and expecting more and more from each other, as long as it's handled well. 

I agree with you on everything aside from the bold.

Until he shows he is "superior" he can f*ck off with having a "sense of superiority".

Kinda get what you are trying to say but I wouldn't be encouraging that kind of attitude in the squad at all.

Doubt our management would either.

If we break it down to bare bones, he was a relatively Big Fish (Not even the biggest or top 3 - 5?) in a relatively small pond.

Some grounding needed.

EDIT: Just noticed the important you said "OR that he has a sense of superiority", thought you said "Doesn't make him a prick FOR having a sense of superiority". (Not even reading properly at this point)

Sorry it's bed time for me (Several Cheap double strength Filipino beers). Good night!

• Haha 1

I liked the look of him and have no problem with him being demanding. if anything I'm happy with it as we need to start as we mean too go on. Benteke was very similar in being aggressive when demanding the ball. All good strikers ride the midfield when they aren't getting the ball where they want it anyway. Just as midfielders ride the CF when he isn't making good use of the service. I think he'll be fine when he settles into the system. 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, maqroll said:

Except Hourihane wasn't at fault.

Not trying to bang a pot here, just an observation. 

In his Villa View interview, Petrov said Milner (who is by all accounts a model professional) used to regularly call out his teammates who weren't giving their all in training or on the pitch.  There is nothing wrong with this, IMO.

• Like 1

Â