Wesley Moraes

Tomaszk

2 hours ago, DaveAV1 said:

They really need help with their unhealthy obsession with us. I suppose it’s only to be expected really, it’s like having a Fiat Punto on your drive and your neighbour having a drive full of Rollers and Bentleys. 

Yeah I know what you mean, the amount I pay in council tax I shouldn’t have to look out my window at a Punto!

• Haha 1

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

On the Aston Villa Facebook post about signing Wesley, crazy to see how many Brugge fans are on there waxing lyrical about him and wishing him well. Also saying aside from being a great players with huge potential, he is a great guy! One of the characteristics Smith et al constantly highlight we want.

Very good signs.

If he works as hard as Tammy did on the pitch, we'll have no problems.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hard to tell from a few video clips but he looks very promising, I loved having Tammy last season,  worked his socks off and really bought into the club but it looks like Wesley can score different types of goals and chip in with more assists as well

We may end up with more goals spread around the team than if we had been able to sign Tammy with Wesley's style of play.. 

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, wookster said:

Dont he need to have international caps for a work permit? that was why we originally missed out on Kalinic

This might be a stupid question, but isn't Croatia a member of EU, so work permit would have been automatic for Kalinic?? I am missing something?

On topic, love the prospect of this and how it has come out completely out of the blue! Let’s just hope work permit and international clearance are not a problem, though I suspect if there was any real doubt, they wouldn’t have announced it.

Looking at his highlights, he looks a really well rounded striker. Strong and powerful, can get on the end of the cross, appears to be a bit of a poacher around the 6 yard box, and is comfortable with the ball at his feet as well. Very exciting signing!

From what I've read he's more of a target man who brings others into play than a goalscorer, similar to current day Olivier Giroud. I'm not expecting a double digit goal tally but if he has the same impact Raul Jiminez has had for Wolves I'll be over the moon with this signing.

13 minutes ago, ThunderPower_14 said:

Looking at his highlights, he looks a really well rounded striker. Strong and powerful, can get on the end of the cross, appears to be a bit of a poacher around the 6 yard box, and is comfortable with the ball at his feet as well. Very exciting signing!

He seems a bit of a hybrid of Tammy and Keinan

• Like 2

I’m finding I hard to get excited cause it’s come out of the blue and I know k’all about him.... but if I knew nothing about him and we were linked and teased with him for a month I’d really want him and think it was the nuts. All reports seem good tho... looking forward to see him action and more importantly who he may be lining up with. 

3 minutes ago, Jimmyg said:

I’m finding I hard to get excited cause it’s come out of the blue and I know k’all about him.... but if I knew nothing about him and we were linked and teased with him for a month I’d really want him and think it was the nuts. All reports seem good tho... looking forward to see him action and more importantly who he may be lining up with. 

Think though we have a proper scouting department now. This wasn't done on a whim. Likely we had been looking at him as far back as when we made a charge for the playoffs .

According to the con heatmaps on the birmingham mail website he doesn't play as advanced up the pitch as Abraham does.

I think we will defo need another striker, Maupay would be ideal he's a threat in the box.

38 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

According to the con heatmaps on the birmingham mail website he doesn't play as advanced up the pitch as Abraham does.

I think we will defo need another striker, Maupay would be ideal he's a threat in the box.

Firmino played less forward than Salah and Mane on either flank who scored the bulk of goals

Â