Wesley Moraes

Tomaszk

1 minute ago, Laughable Chimp said:

I call bullshit lol. Rivaldo and Ronaldinho aside from by you haven't even been mentioned in this thread once and no one in this thread has ever compared Wesley to Ronaldo like you claim they have.

There's a search function to check.

To be fair it could have been in a match thread which I wouldn't know. But Firminho is the top level comparison to wesley and is reasonable. It would be like comparing Grealish to iniesta or Zidane. He isn't as good as them but that is who we would top out as if he reaches his potential. 

12 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Well I saw him being compared to Ronaldo, Rivaldo and Ronaldinho as a platform for "Brazilian players who made an immediate impact in Europe" to further solidify him being "shite".

So nothing is off the table.

Sorry you saw Wesley compared to Ronaldo, Rivaldo and Ronaldinho? Where?

3 minutes ago, Laughable Chimp said:

I call bullshit lol. Rivaldo and Ronaldinho aside from by you haven't even been mentioned in this thread once and no one in this thread has ever compared Wesley to Ronaldo like you claim they have.

There's a search function to check.

I saw it on a Villa Facebook Fan Page, you're getting a bit jumpy there.

Have I specified WHERE I saw it there? lol

There is a search function there as well if you've got time.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

2 minutes ago, zab6359 said:

Sorry you saw Wesley compared to Ronaldo, Rivaldo and Ronaldinho? Where?

Facebook Villa group, it was either AVFC - The Pride Live, or AVFC - The 12th Man, don't quite remember.

However obviously myself and a few others commented and took the piss about it.

The point being the desperation to constantly talk about how shit he is lead to comparing him to some of the most legendary players of the sport.

Anyway we have a game on now, we have plenty of time to laugh about how shit he is after it...

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

7 hours ago, VillaCas said:

Is it really all “the refs” ganging up on him though? Or is it that Wesley goes down far too easily and/or makes very clumsy (foul) challenges and all “the refs” see the same thing.

It seems to me that Wesley is very often in the wrong position under the ball and makes a last minute “shove” to win possession - someone earlier in the thread made the point that as the ball is played to him, Wesley seems not to know whether he is going to bring it down, flick it on, head it or take it on his chest - he often miscontrols it and then commits a foul trying to regain possession

He can perhaps improve with time, but is such a long way from what is required that I doubt he can do so quickly enough 

spot on

13 minutes ago, Spoony said:

I don’t get all the excuses made for him. He is genuinely a dreadful, dreadful footballer. He has no redeeming qualities. At all. He does nothing well. 

Smith is aware that Wesley is struggling to adapt to the Premiership I am sure. He obviously believes that the club doesn't have a better alternative or he would have made the change by now. He looks completely bewildered in some games and contributes virtually nothing except falling over in an effort to gain a free kick. The players will have seen what fans can see and will expect the club to buy a proven goalscorer in January.

If the club does not react to this 'problem' and show a lack of ambition ( for survival ) then I would imagine our two best players (Grealish and McGinn ) may be tempted to move a more successful club. This would ensure our demise to the Championship 

15 minutes ago, Spoony said:

I don’t get all the excuses made for him. He is genuinely a dreadful, dreadful footballer. He has no redeeming qualities. At all. He does nothing well. 

Charlie Nicholas half time assessment is that Villa are being let down by Wesley being unable to ' hold the ball up'.  Seems like it is not just Villa supporters who can see the 'problem'. Never mind , still 45 minutes for Wes to prove everyone wrong!

Sorry but he pretty much fulfils the definition of a 'nothing player'. Does nothing, offers nothing. Does not demand the ball, does not make any meaningful runs whether that's in the box or off the shoulder, his hold up play is exceptionally average and he is lacking in pace.  Looking appalling for us now. From bad to worse after a promising start.

Edited by Dr_Pangloss

Â