Wesley Moraes

Tomaszk

41 minutes ago, VillaCas said:

You can post all the “aerial duels won”, “most defensive clearances” and “minutes per goals” stats you like, but it’s absolutely clear that Wesley is far and away our worst player, is a massive disappointment and shows no signs at all of approaching the standard required

I hope he improves and I hope I’m proved very wrong, but if he is still our first choice CF this time next year I’ll been hugely surprised 

Yet I can't actually think of a game where he has been our worst player. In every game we have had at least 1 worse performer so if your worst player is never your worst player then that suggest he isn't actually that bad. 

Edited by MotoMkali
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

Yet I can't actually think of a game where he has been our worst player. In every game we have had at least 1 worse performer so if your worst player is never your worst player then that suggest he isn't actually that bad. 

Vs Burnley, Vs Brighton, Vs Liverpool, Vs Newcastle

• Confused 1

Is he actually as bad as people are making him out to be? Or is it just that he isn’t an out-and-our goalscoring machine?

Yes, his arm waving and complaining when he is muscled off the ball is bloody infuriating... but he has played every game of the season for us, and we are scoring plenty of goals for a newly promoted side so he must be contributing somehow whether it be holding the ball up or pulling players out of position so our other lads can exploit the space.

He isn’t a superstar 30+ goal a season striker that we are craving... we do need another striker who scores goals for fun and runs at defenders... but Wesley still has a future with us in my opinion

• Like 1

Can’t believe some of the hyperbole surrounding a player who has played 16 games .... He was never gunna be the new Ronaldo ( The original and best one ) but to write him off so quickly is just foolish. He may never come good and his current offerings are poor for sure but cut the kid some slack. He is obviously low on confidence in a team still gelling and settling into the Prem getting used to the pace and his team mates. I do wonder at times if people’s opinions are based on the fact he is Brazilian and they were expecting more samba flair  and it is their expectations which are wrong and unfair.

I’m not worried at the mo about him and his ability to come good for us. Like all players, managers etc he has to be judged over a fair period of time which is what I will personally give him before consigning him to the status of Scott Hogan . Let time be the judge and let’s maybe leave the arm chair scouting keyboard warrior hyperbole based on personal opinion only for a while and see where we are at in a few months ? 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

13 minutes ago, DJ_Villain said:

Is he actually as bad as people are making him out to be? Or is it just that he isn’t an out-and-our goalscoring machine?

Yes, his arm waving and complaining when he is muscled off the ball is bloody infuriating... but he has played every game of the season for us, and we are scoring plenty of goals for a newly promoted side so he must be contributing somehow whether it be holding the ball up or pulling players out of position so our other lads can exploit the space.

He isn’t a superstar 30+ goal a season striker that we are craving... we do need another striker who scores goals for fun and runs at defenders... but Wesley still has a future with us in my opinion

Thing is, I honestly think we've been scoring goals in spite of him, not because of him. Hard to prove it considering he as you said has played so many minutes for us so its really mostly conjecture at this point. But still, the team doesn't even try to pass to him anymore in the final third and actively avoid him. I just can't believe someone who the team treats like that is really contributing all that much to our attack

Edited by Laughable Chimp

4 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Can’t believe some of the hyperbole surrounding a player who has played 16 games .... He was never gunna be the new Ronaldo ( The original and best one ) but to write him off so quickly is just foolish. He may never come good and his current offerings are poor for sure but cut the kid some slack. He is obviously low on confidence in a team still gelling and settling into the Prem getting used to the pace and his team mates. I do wonder at times if people’s opinions are based on the fact he is Brazilian and they were expecting more samba flair  and it is their expectations which are wrong and unfair.

I’m not worried at the mo about him and his ability to come good for us. Like all players, managers etc he has to be judged over a fair period of time which is what I will personally give him before consigning him to the status of Scott Hogan . Let time be the judge and let’s maybe leave the arm chair scouting keyboard warrior hyperbole based on personal opinion only for a while and see where we are at in a few months ? 

Samba flair? Being able to control the football might be nice. 

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

You just love baiting an argument don't you, you think people have all day to beat their head against a wall? 

No it means there are only so many times i'm willing to do this pathetic circle dance with you...

Nor do I have the time to start writing essays back and forth with you....

It's now gone from him having ZERO footballing ability, not being able to pass, trap a ball or score "what did the scouts see, pub player at best" to "Well ok he has some football ability but only against shit opposition" and so it is not possible for him to have it here. At Norwich and Everton he actually wasn't that good, just got lucky to be where he was and score a couple of tap ins...

McGinn is currently on a terrible run of form, i'm guessing this also proves that he only looked good against Scottish teams and Championship opposition, so is now coming back down to his level.

To which you will then respond "But McGinn has been brilliant for us for a season and change, and you can see he has Football ability", yeah but he has only shown it for 4, 5 games up here? Was brilliant in the Championship for what... 50, 60 odd games? (WESLEY HAS PLAYED A TOTAL OF 16 GAMES IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE)

However, we keep faith in him, and think he is just on a dip of form because he has demonstrated great footballing ability, and been a star for us in a couple of "Shit Leagues - using your words now" (SPL/Championship).

Before you respond with anything stupid, this is just an example, or reference, doesn't mean I now want you to delve into John McGinn.

I'm exhausted of this.

AGAIN, saying he has been poor is one thing, expunging pure shit about him not being able to "pass, run, trap a ball, score etc", especially when he has already DONE those things with us, as again, pure tripe. I'm done.

Is there anyone there who can make GIFS or a video clip of his cross field passes, forward passes, holding off players and scoring goals? Or were these things a figment of imagination? Ironically his good performances coincided with good team performances *Mind Blown*.

Truth is, none of us know for certain whether he will come good, or turn out to be a total flop in the long term, as he has only played 16 PREMIER LEAGUE GAMES in a team with sporadic performances and POOR DISPLAYS ALL OVER THE PITCH! ALL THE PLAYERS POOR PERFORMANCES AFFECT OTHER PLAYERS PERFORMANCES!

Not to mention all the other circumstances which have been mentioned 1000 times.

I'm done ffs.

I've never at any point changed my point of view on this. I've been consistent. 

You peddled an opinion that I pointed was incorrect. You continued this by smileys and the classical GIF when you realised you made a fool of yourself. 

Now you are apparently too tired or whatever. Rock on. 

Next time someone proves you wrong, just accept it and move on. We are all wrong writing posts here from time to time. But responding to it by acting the way you've done here is just cringeworthy.

Edited by KenjiOgiwara

Just now, Delphinho123 said:

Samba flair? Being able to control the football might be nice. 

Fair point based on current form .... He may always be shit but he may also come good ... Time will be the judge. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

You just love baiting an argument don't you, you think people have all day to beat their head against a wall? 

No it means there are only so many times i'm willing to do this pathetic circle dance with you...

Nor do I have the time to start writing essays back and forth with you....

It's now gone from him having ZERO footballing ability, not being able to pass, trap a ball or score "what did the scouts see, pub player at best" to "Well ok he has some football ability but only against shit opposition" and so it is not possible for him to have it here. At Norwich and Everton he actually wasn't that good, just got lucky to be where he was and score a couple of tap ins...

McGinn is currently on a terrible run of form, i'm guessing this also proves that he only looked good against Scottish teams and Championship opposition, so is now coming back down to his level.

To which you will then respond "But McGinn has been brilliant for us for a season and change, and you can see he has Football ability", yeah but he has only shown it for 4, 5 games up here? Was brilliant in the Championship for what... 50, 60 odd games? (WESLEY HAS PLAYED A TOTAL OF 16 GAMES IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE)

However, we keep faith in him, and think he is just on a dip of form because he has demonstrated great footballing ability, and been a star for us in a couple of "Shit Leagues - using your words now" (SPL/Championship).

Before you respond with anything stupid, this is just an example, or reference, doesn't mean I now want you to delve into John McGinn.

I'm exhausted of this.

AGAIN, saying he has been poor is one thing, expunging pure shit about him not being able to "pass, run, trap a ball, score etc", especially when he has already DONE those things with us, as again, pure tripe. I'm done.

Is there anyone there who can make GIFS or a video clip of his cross field passes, forward passes, holding off players and scoring goals? Or were these things a figment of imagination? Ironically his good performances coincided with good team performances *Mind Blown*.

Truth is, none of us know for certain whether he will come good, or turn out to be a total flop in the long term, as he has only played 16 PREMIER LEAGUE GAMES in a team with sporadic performances and POOR DISPLAYS ALL OVER THE PITCH! ALL THE PLAYERS POOR PERFORMANCES AFFECT OTHER PLAYERS PERFORMANCES!

Not to mention all the other circumstances which have been mentioned 1000 times.

I'm done ffs.

I fully endorse this.

Time will tell on his ability and he along with all the rest of the new players deserve a second season to prove if they can better there previous season be it in the prem or championship.

Now can we please all move on from calling our players rubbish, we may know of a few that arnt at the level of the premier and they will be moved on most likely in January and summer, till then let's get behind each and everyone of them and be supportive.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, VillaCas said:

Of course he’s our worst player, don’t be ridiculous - and by a long long way. If you had to replace one player in the starting lineup, Wesley would be the vote for 99%

Hes been a huge disappointment and is getting worse not better - he lacks almost all the attributes required of a striker

A massive waste of 22m and easily the worst of our summer signings

That he'd be voted out by 99% of the fans doesn't necessarily mean that he's the worst player we've got.

34 minutes ago, VillaCas said:

Of course he’s our worst player, don’t be ridiculous - and by a long long way. If you had to replace one player in the starting lineup, Wesley would be the vote for 99%

Hes been a huge disappointment and is getting worse not better - he lacks almost all the attributes required of a striker

A massive waste of 22m and easily the worst of our summer signings

I'd replace (luiz/hourihane/nakamba). Our biggest weakness is currently our midfield. We lose the ball to easily which puts us under pressure which makes us concede. We are still 8th in the league in goals and over the next 4 games we play the bottom 3.

1 hour ago, Pelle said:

That he'd be voted out by 99% of the fans doesn't necessarily mean that he's the worst player we've got.

Mings could score a hatrick of own goals and we would still say,  "You know, If only we didn't have that useless lump up top, defending starts from the attacker, if he could trap a ball, and hold the ball, Jack wouldn't have given it away and Hourihane would have covered, Tyrone must be sick of playing with the likes of him up there, it's the toxicity he brings to the fanbase which spreads onto the pitch, which causes them to all be so poor".

Just a collage of some of the things I've actually seen people say, added with a bit of my own outlandish satire of course. lol

We have a couple of players (Favourites) who are above criticism, no matter how badly we play, and the energy just gets sent over to the default candidate.

Gnight folks. UTV

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

We have a couple of players (Favourites) who are above criticism, no matter how badly we play, and the energy just gets sent over to the default candidate.

Extremes viewpoints have been taken sure. Possibly too much so, but it's coming from a place of passion and frustration. We're close to being a good side!

I do disagree with this point specifically though.

I always judge players against themselves. Grealish is likely to put in a decent performance almost all the time, but I'll be disappointed if I think it's below his level due to lack of effort or something. McGinn is suffering more than is probably fair at the moment because he was preposterous for much of last season and now he's finding it tough.

As such, the good news for Wes is that he doesn't have to do too much from where he currently is to play "well". 

Baby steps Wesley, we all want you to succeed. 

7 hours ago, Pelle said:

Didn't we play Leipzig in a pre season game? But on the other hand, if you're to believe some in this thread then CL is quite a shite league too.

Have anyone said that or are you just making stuff up and putting words into people's mouths to try and look smart on a messageboard? Genuine question. 

Â