Wesley Moraes

Tomaszk

Why can’t we wish injury on him? We’ve all pleaded, dreamt, hoped for him to be dropped but for whatever reason, our management team won’t drop him. If it takes an injury to force him out of the team/squad so we all don’t have to watch him anymore, then so be it. I don’t ever want to see the bloke play for us again. He’s not just bad, he’s unlikeable with it. 

If this bloke plays up front for us for the rest of the season, we will go down. Aston Villa means far more to me than the holier than thou posters on here telling me that wishing injury on someone is wrong. 

I do not want to see us in the championship next season. Get rid of this guy. He should be nowhere near the squad, let alone the team.

4 minutes ago, Jareth said:

I am definitely not writing him off, but he needs competition for his place - Kodjia is not it. 

He needs competition for his place in the squad. Not the team. He’s nowhere near the level required for a premier league side.

Edited by Delphinho123

Just now, thunderball said:

Scapegoat for those that have a binary view on football.

Struggling with confidence but the management have conspired such that we have no option. Kodjia at least showed he is different and no better in a team that is struggling every bit as much as the individuals. What impact has golden boy McGinn had on the team in the same period Wesley has not scored? No one is wishing serious injury on him are they?

Wes is not playing well, we have no viable alternative at present and it’s weighing on his young shoulders in an unfamiliar league, but he has done it previously so it must be there he just needs to relieved of the responsibility to develop. Fans crushing him for much deeper failures is unfair for me, especially when we have no other viable forward. Yes I want another Benteke but that’s too obvious. TBH we have much deeper issues than Wesley, but like Mings sloppiness and McGinn’s collapse, conceding too many shots, failure to keep possession and solely relying on Jack coming in off the left hand corner of the box, he is just another issue to fix and not the only fault in the team.

You say ‘he has done it previously’. What are you referencing here if you don’t mind me asking? 

Just now, Delphinho123 said:

But do you think that constitutes him being able to do it in the Premier League?

Looks a different player in footage from then, but as I said he has it in him on this basis, and has scored in the Champions league. If you read this thread he has zero abilities which clearly isn’t true.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

The Kodjia being lazy myth got disproven yesterday.

Worked just as hard as Wesley when he came on.

Sadly he's been horribly mismanaged by Smith this season.

A motivated and happy Kodjia and you got yourself a decent goalscorer.

I always found Kodjia lazy as a winger, not so much through the middle. 

To he honest, he’s a much better footballer than Wesley, and I do agree that he has been mismanaged. 

Hopefully he plays the next game. 

3 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

I always found Kodjia lazy as a winger, not so much through the middle. 

To he honest, he’s a much better footballer than Wesley, and I do agree that he has been mismanaged. 

Hopefully he plays the next game. 

And we are paying for not utilizing him more.

Kodjia is clearly not match fit. He's barely kicked a ball this season.

This blind faith in Wesley is killing us. 

Kodija is not the long term answer but I’m the 20 mins he was on he showed much more movement than Wesley and at least made runs in behind

Wesley is a very poor footballer. We couldn’t get a quarter of his fee back if we were to try to sell him. 

His huge limitations were highlighted when he received the ball at the corner of the box and was baffled and ultimately unable to shift it and take a shot - surely basics for a 22m striker. 

There were similar debates when we had Hogan, that it's everyone else's fault but his, he's just not getting any service. We then saw with Abraham what difference a proper striker who makes great runs and demands the ball to his feet, can deliver.

Wesley is just like Hogan at the moment. Anonymous, doing very little, making no runs, never in space in the box, hardly demanding the ball to feet, looking sluggish on the ball too. 

His last goal or assist was on October 5th against Norwich.

No matter how you look at that this not good enough, especially for someone who has played almost every minute since.

Add to that his overall play and contribution is suspect at best and he looks like he's at a loss to where and how he should be positioning in our tactic. He's playing like he's in a front 2 while actually playing as lone striker.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, villalad21 said:

The Kodjia being lazy myth got disproven yesterday.

Worked just as hard as Wesley when he came on.

Sadly he's been horribly mismanaged by Smith this season.

A motivated and happy Kodjia and you got yourself a decent goalscorer.

So what did Kodja do yesterday exactly. Because I didn't see anything of note. And as for working hard Wesley works harder.

• Like 1

I would be more patient if he had scored a lot of goals prior to joining us. He hasn't in a good season he got 11 - people are now looking on in amazement when he only has 4 by Christmas.

Don't blame Wesley - blame the people who saw fit to squander £22m on him

5 minutes ago, Philosopher said:

So what did Kodja do yesterday exactly. Because I didn't see anything of note. And as for working hard Wesley works harder.

He actually held the ball up 1 time which was refreshing to see. What did Wesley do? Oh yeh he had one shot against the side netting, which he took so long to hit it was always going on the side netting, he almost looked surprised with himself like oh I can actually shoot, look fans ok not that bad. I’d start Kodja at this point. I mean how must he feel watching from the bench thinking of I can’t get a game in front of this guy then somethings very wrong. He’s a Ivory Coast international don’t forget. 11 goals in 24 games

Â