Wesley Moraes

Tomaszk

At one point he got a decent ball in and looked dangerous.... yeah it was literally just one move but... it shows it is possible.

At this point I thought we were on the ascendancy, I think that lasted all of 2 minutes if that...lol

Forget strikers for now, we can;t even pass to a team mate, the ball is hardly up top AT ALL to begin with.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

We need Keinan to save our season again like he did in 2017. Wes might as well be 2017 Scott Hogan out there with all the long balls being punted to nowhere. He and Kodjia are absolute gash when we play like this.

Not sure if you are being sarcastic but I actually like Keinan alot.

I think he offers alot to the team, can never put a run of games together.

Also, as soon as he comes in, no matter how well he does, the argument then shifts to an unfair "His goal record is xxxx", discounting the fact that again, he hardly ever gets a run of games.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Not sure if you are being sarcastic but I actually like Keinan alot.

I think he offers alot to the team, can never put a run of games together.

Also, as soon as he comes in, no matter how well he does, the argument then shifts to an unfair "His goal record is xxxx", discounting the fact that again, he hardly ever gets a run of games.

I'm dead serious man. He really saved our floundering season in 2017/18 because of how he made the ball stick. We need that right now. Wesley wanting the ball to feet is a luxury we can't afford right now.

We need someone who can take a Kourtney Hause or Tom Heaton punt out of the air and hey us up the pitch and out of pressure. He doesn't even need to score for now. He only scored 2 in that season I mentioned anyway and he was still vital.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

At one point he got a decent ball in and looked dangerous.... yeah it was literally just one move but... it shows it is possible.

At this point I thought we were on the ascendancy, I think that lasted all of 2 minutes if that...lol

Forget strikers for now, we can;t even pass to a team mate, the ball is hardly up top AT ALL to begin with.

It's going to be a renaissance the likes of which hasn't been seen since...Taylor was dropped.

It'll be like we've dropped an anchor when he's dropped if we can get an average striker in position.

57 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

It's going to be a renaissance the likes of which hasn't been seen since...Taylor was dropped.

It'll be like we've dropped an anchor when he's dropped if we can get an average striker in position.

Is everyone else going to suddenly get better once he is?

I'm also someone who couldn't wait for Taylor to be dropped, was an obvious weak link.

However Taylor was still one player out of 11.

When Wesley is dropped and we finally have even "the average striker" you speak of. Will McGinn magically find form again? Will our players be able to get out of their own half and pass to each other again? Will they suddenly show impetus, workrate and pressing again? Will they chase lost causes again?

I have my suspicions that if the performances on the rest of the pitch remain the same, we could have Vardy up there and it wouldn't make a jot of a difference. As he would be defending 90 percent of the time.

I want to see Davis fit again.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I'm also someone who couldn't wait for Taylor to be dropped, was an obvious weak link.

When Wesley is dropped and we finally have even "the average striker" you speak of. Will McGinn magically find form again? Will our players be able to get out of their own half and pass to each other again? Will they suddenly show impetus, workrate and pressing again? Will they chase lost causes again?

I have my suspicions that if the performances on the rest of the pitch remain the same, we could have Vardy up there and it wouldn't make a jot of a difference. As he would be defending 90 percent of the time.

Yes to all of those :)

Davis will help when he's back. We need to get Wes out the team. Honestly I think the crowd will get a huge lift if he doesn't start the next game.

59 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I honestly think it might.

Quite simply the team don't trust him.

I had hope he could turn it around until something I picked up on in the Newcastle game, he had already missed a sitter we were 2-0 up and it was about 90 minutes so the game was done.

We broke with Jack and Wesley was wide open for a simple through ball to be clean through.

Jack ignored him, stalled a bit and brought it forward and laid it off for mcginn I think who was in a much worse position.

Any other player I think he puts it on a plate for them, and if that's happening when the game is already won and the pressure is off how is that lack of trust in him affecting our build up, especially when we're being pressed and pressured like today/yesterday.

Edited by jjaacckk91

I agree.I dont think the rest of the team trust him.I mean you get the ball, run with it, creat an opening....... then what ? pass it to Wesley,wtf will he do with it.Thats all the work you just put in down the drain.ffs 

5 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I remember a similar argument before Abraham came in. Don’t underestimate the effect of a decent striker on the entire team. Players will know that when the ball goes in the box, someone will actually be there. They can also start passing to the striker again. 

• Like 1

People wishing his injury is serious get a grip honesty pathetic. I don't buy in this crap it's  affecting the rest of the team load of bull it's simple to many mistakes happening and we look like we cannot run out games.

Wesley is not the one upfront striker simple as that he needs a partner upfront for some reason people don't understand this and the club is not seeing it to.To much pressure on him because we didn't sign another striker that's were the mistake happen.

Edited by ozvilla28
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ozvilla28 said:

People wishing his injury is serious get a grip honesty pathetic. I don't buy in this crap it's  affecting the rest of the team load of bull it's simple to many mistakes happening and we look like we cannot run out games.

Wesley is not the one upfront striker simple as that he needs a partner upfront for some reason people don't understand this and the club is not seeing it to.To much pressure on him because we didn't sign another striker that's were the mistake happen.

So it’s the ‘he can’t play up top on his own’ excuse now. 

How will having another player up there with him help him control the football? 

1 hour ago, ozvilla28 said:

People wishing his injury is serious get a grip honesty pathetic.

I don't wish for a injury upon him.

But for Wesley's sake it probably is for the better. The fans are starting to turn against him and if he keeps on playing it could get ugly.

Â