Wesley Moraes

Tomaszk

On 12/12/2019 at 13:37, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I was all up for giving Davis a run before he got injured but alot of people don't fancy him either.

I accept that the lad might need to be taken out for his own good, unless us as a team and him find a purple patch asap.

I think his frustration is starting to get the better of him......for me ,he has a problem holding the ball up.....defenders in this league go after you and close you down, Wes wants space and room to play in, which they seem to give him in Belgium, our league don't.

I have no idea which way this will go....if your first touch lets you down in the prem', you have problems.

He seems to me he wants too much time to do his thing....this league won't give it you.....and for a big man, he is not that physical......He need a few training sessions, with Big Dunc at Everton.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 3

I honestly think Wes would be better if we had competition for him. He’s got a guaranteed place in the team and doesn’t ever get subbed so plays every minute of the game. He was playing better when Davis was up his arse and was about to bag himself a starting place. 

Wes has to do a lot better but also needs to be coached better. His confidence is shattered at the mo which isn’t ideal and shows in each game. 

6 hours ago, Newry_Villan said:

Can see why he gets frustrated. Refs are giving him nothing.  Any sort of contact he makes with a player goes against him.

Is it really all “the refs” ganging up on him though? Or is it that Wesley goes down far too easily and/or makes very clumsy (foul) challenges and all “the refs” see the same thing.

It seems to me that Wesley is very often in the wrong position under the ball and makes a last minute “shove” to win possession - someone earlier in the thread made the point that as the ball is played to him, Wesley seems not to know whether he is going to bring it down, flick it on, head it or take it on his chest - he often miscontrols it and then commits a foul trying to regain possession

He can perhaps improve with time, but is such a long way from what is required that I doubt he can do so quickly enough 

6 minutes ago, VillaCas said:

Is it really all “the refs” ganging up on him though? Or is it that Wesley goes down far too easily and/or makes very clumsy (foul) challenges and all “the refs” see the same thing.

It seems to me that Wesley is very often in the wrong position under the ball and makes a last minute “shove” to win possession - someone earlier in the thread made the point that as the ball is played to him, Wesley seems not to know whether he is going to bring it down, flick it on, head it or take it on his chest - he often miscontrols it and then commits a foul trying to regain possession

He can perhaps improve with time, but is such a long way from what is required that I doubt he can do so quickly enough 

Yeah I think it's both.

Big foreign players have a hard time getting calls from refs in the PL until they get more established.

7 hours ago, Newry_Villan said:

Can see why he gets frustrated. Refs are giving him nothing.  Any sort of contact he makes with a player goes against him.

It's not only on the refs. He's just not a very intelligent player.  He has no idea how to legally protect or challenge a ball. And it's obvious the pace of the English game is one step too far atm. 

Edited by KenjiOgiwara

28 minutes ago, sne said:

It's been like this since the days of Savo, trust me.

This is pure nonsense. What's more likely is that new foreign players are not used to the pace, physicality and quality, thus they often create free kicks and largely get less because they aren't good enough yet. 

18 hours ago, TRO said:

I think his frustration is starting to get the better of him......for me ,he has a problem holding the ball up.....defenders in this league go after you and close you down, Wes wants space and room to play in, which they seem to give him in Belgium, our league don't.

I have no idea which way this will go....if your first touch lets you down in the prem', you have problems.

He seems to me he wants too much time to do his thing....this league won't give it you.....and for a big man, he is not that physical......He need a few training sessions, with Big Dunc at Everton.

Yeah he does, I read collymore had said the same thing and said he’d coach him for free although he wasn’t a hard hold up player but he said Heskey or Carew would also do it which would be great. Anyway I think today is a massive game for us and probably big Wes even more so, you have a point to prove young man, go get em tiger! 

18 hours ago, TRO said:

I think time on the ball is a big factor, you just don’t get much of it in the PL. Benteke struggled at first, but settled to the pace of the game reasonably quickly. Savo on the other hand never really got used to it. He moved abroad and if I recall, was for a while anyway, top goal scorer in Europe. 

Wes at the moment looks more Savo than Benteke. Hopefully for him and the team that changes quickly. 

Edited by DaveAV1

39 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

I really hope he scores today. He really needs the confidence boost. Come on big Wes. You can do it!

Personally I'd prefer it if he just played well for once. Goals have shown to have zero effect on his performances or confidence.  What we need is that he plays really well. 

1 minute ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Personally I'd prefer it if he just played well for once. Goals have shown to have zero effect on his performances or confidence.  What we need is that he plays really well. 

Ha ha. I prefer to be positive. When he scored against Everton it clearly lifted him. Let’s hope that it can happen again.

1 hour ago, DaveAV1 said:

I think time on the ball is a big factor, you just don’t get much of it in the PL. Benteke struggled at first, but settled to the pace of the game reasonably quickly. Savo on the other hand never really got used to it. He moved abroad and if I recall, was for a while anyway, top goal scorer in Europe. 

Wes at the moment looks more Savo than Benteke. Hopefully for him and the team that changes quickly. 

Well that makes sense especially when the ball is rolled around the park in a possession based game, defence>midfield>defence>keeper>defence>midfield>defence>midfield I mean how's anyone sposed to score that isn't bloody a defender or midfielder, even keeper has more chance than Wesley 😋

Edited by Dave-R

18 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

Well that makes sense especially when the ball is rolled around the park in a possession based game, defence>midfield>defence>keeper>defence>midfield>defence>midfield I mean how's anyone sposed to score that isn't bloody a defender or midfielder, even keeper has more chance than Wesley 😋

So you don’t think that adding a player like Maupay would make any difference because we don’t involve the striker in our style of play? 

I don’t think Wes is comfortable or confident at the moment and as a result doesn’t get himself involved enough. I’m not saying he deliberately hides, but it’s fine margins, especially with strikers, as to whether they’re effective or not. I hope he finds his way, but he’s struggling right now. Fortunately we are scoring goals from other areas otherwise we’d be in real trouble. 

On 12/12/2019 at 00:56, MotoMkali said:

On the other hand there also happens to be a massive gap in league position. Where is Firminho? In goals to minutes because that is really who we want wesley to be and I imagine it is likely quite similar maybe 10-20 minutes off. Edit: to be clear although Firminho has 3 more assists than wesley Liverpool have scored 17 more goals than us (wesley goal or assist in 23% of our goals, Firminho 20% of their goals) mane and salah have combined for 16 goals 9 more than our starting wingers who a central striker is most likely to assist. 

Very poor comparison the only thing our Wes and Firminho have in common is there country of birth,  Wes will never reach the level of Firminho! 

33 minutes ago, zab6359 said:

Very poor comparison the only thing our Wes and Firminho have in common is there country of birth,  Wes will never reach the level of Firminho! 

Well I saw him being compared to Ronaldo, Rivaldo and Ronaldinho as a platform for "Brazilian players who made an immediate impact in Europe" to further solidify him being "shite".

So nothing is off the table.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

12 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Well I saw him being compared to Ronaldo, Rivaldo and Ronaldinho as a platform for "Brazilian players who made an immediate impact in Europe" to further solidify him being "shite".

So nothing is off the table.

I call bullshit lol. Rivaldo and Ronaldinho aside from by you haven't even been mentioned in this thread once and no one in this thread has ever compared Wesley to Ronaldo like you claim they have.

There's a search function to check.

Edited by Laughable Chimp

Â