Wesley Moraes

Tomaszk

3 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Rushian Hepburn-Murphy? I know I sound like a broken record but I think he is beginning to show his potential at Tranmere. In my opinion, at the end of his loan, he can come back here and have an impact 

We need a lot better than RHM.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

We need a lot better than RHM.

He could be a squad option, he’s out of contract with us at the end of this season, let’s hope he does well for Tranmere between now and then

Edited by sir_gary_cahill

1 minute ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Yeah he's banged in 3 in 15 games for League One Tranmere, get him in!

This is his first full season of competitive men’s football, he’s remained injury free. Harry Kane didn’t pull up any trees during his loan spells, look at him now 

I like Hepburn-Murphy but he's scored less goals for Trammere in league one than Wesley has scored for us in the Premier league, in point of fact just to emphasize the truth of that assertion, all three of his goals for Trammere came in one game when he scored a hatrick against MK Dons. I'd take him back as a squad option but not as a replacement for Wesley, for that we need to find some proven top quality from somewhere.

Edited by useless
changed some of the words to white because I didn't feel like deleting them
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

This is his first full season of competitive men’s football, he’s remained injury free. Harry Kane didn’t pull up any trees during his loan spells, look at him now 

Great point, if Harry Kane can do it, so can Rushian Hepburn-Murphy. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, AntrimBlack said:

My problem with him is that up front and scoring is not his natural game, and I doubt that we will ever be able to make him into that type of player. When we attack he is often too far back, not in the box to give himself a chance to score.

He does sometimes show deft little touches and layoffs, but I actually think Davis is better at both of those things and also holds the ball up better.

Heaton needs to stop with the long punts, we do not have the frontman for that, and the ball more often than not comes straight back at us.

We seriously are in need of a good, goal scoring striker, someone like...................Abraham................sigh.

That's my main issue with him time and time again.  I dont believe it is speed because that would have been easily enough spotted by scouts before we bought him.  I can only conclude that he is bone idle lazy.

You can defend him regards type of balls being played into him, etc etc, etc but there is no defending lack of effort.

12 hours ago, villalad21 said:

I would definitely play RHM ahead of Wes

I think we as Villa supporters become blinkered by players that have came up through the ranks, which is understandable.  We really want them to be good but they are far from it.  He is a perfect example as is Green.

11 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Benteke is looking more and more enticing by the week.

If we are going to persist in lumping the ball forward to Wes at every opportunity, then yes - Benteke would be a good addition.

What Wesley needs is a season on loan in the championship so that he can get used to the English game.That way it would not be such a step up back in the Premier league.That is assuming we are still in the Premier league.

• Like 1

Â