Wesley Moraes

Tomaszk

I can see things that he is clearly improving, he seems quicker/sharper over the first yard and when he drops deep his link up play is getting better.  If he can keep improving other areas 5% or so over the next couple of months then I think he will finish the season strongly.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, sharkyvilla said:

I can see things that he is clearly improving, he seems quicker/sharper over the first yard and when he drops deep his link up play is getting better.  If he can keep improving other areas 5% or so over the next couple of months then I think he will finish the season strongly.

I agree with this, he does look a lot fitter and a bit quicker but still looks like he's impersonating a striker.

It looks like he wants to be a midfielder. And the total lack of movement from him just makes everything so much harder for us. 

He had some decent link-up play today, but overall he is just a very very poor footballer. Complete Ali Dia. 

I don't wanna bash him anymore, cause it's obvious he's currently not PL material. But it's imperative we find a replacement in January. I hope Deano doesn't value his pride over common sense when it comes to this.

It's a dud. Move on. Let him develop on the bench.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, OutByEaster? said:

Regardless of anything else, you'd have to say he's a grafter - he's chased the back four all through that game - he's not afraid of the hard work at least.

Yep. Which is something I've criticised all season long, so credit when credit's due. He did work well. Just unfortunate it's too much missing from his game. 

Really put in a shift, starting to get more physical too.

i really questioned his attitude in the first few games, but looks like he’s sorted that out.

its really hard to criticise when you take the above into account..

...but he just doesn’t look a threat at all. 

Made the right choice for our disallowed goal but I didn't see a huge amount of the game. Sounds like a bit of mixed bag. Once again it didn't seem like he really had the opportunity to shoot whether that is on him or us has yet to be determined. Had some good cross play passes but I think was hampered by the fact El Ghazi was injured. 

The bottom line is we're not going to stay up if all of our goals have to come from midfielders. One way or another, he needs to offer more of a threat, and in the expectation that that won't happen before January, we need to fix this position as a matter of priority.

Played better and worked harder than in some of his early season matches. 

We were told by his Belgian fans he was possibly not ready for the Premier League but was a player who improved his game all the time. He has improved in the time he’s been here from what I’ve seen. It would be great if he was an understudy to our first choice striker though. 

Edited by LondonLax
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

We were told by his Belgian fans he was possibly not ready for the Premier League but was a player who improved his game all the time

They were right and Aston Villa football club can't gamble their Premier League survival whilst he learns on the job. We need reinforcements.

Â