Wesley Moraes

Tomaszk

33 minutes ago, villanmac said:

His performance today was as much as I could possibly have hoped from him to be honest. I literally don't expect anything from him as an attacking threat. That's how bad he is. 

That’s kind of where I’m at tbh. Its got to the point where I hope he’s just not anywhere near the ball when we’re attacking. Just leave that to Grealish, McGinn and El Ghazi etc.

We should just get him to mind the corner flags next game like Father Dougal McGuire. He’d probably fall over doing that though. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

He probably has £ 20-30 k p/w to play football for us. Give that a think. 

....and? If he's on that little then that's pretty good. 

We had Micah Richards earning £60k a week to play football for us. That was something to think about. 

Edited by PieFacE
  • Like 2

Smith regularly says it, the way we play his role is to occupy the CB’s and allow more time and space for the midfield/wide forwards and you cannot say it hasn’t worked as only the top 5 have scored more than us this season. I’m not saying Wesley is playing great but he is doing fine for me and hopefully will only improve too.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

We had Micah Richards earning £60k a week to play football for us. That was something to think about. 

Point is that it's bonkers to be this bad at football and be paid £ 30 k a week. 

5 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

I mean, they could both also technically both be earning too much  in relation to their contribution for us. One being worse doesn't automatically mean the other one's good.

And no, I'm not actually saying that's he shouldn't be earning that much for us. Impossible to say without knowing how good he'll become for us eventually. 

Edited by Laughable Chimp

I’m not a critic of his, I think it’s very very early days for a player new to the Country, new to the Team, new to the League.

But, so far, he seems very similar overall to Keinan in as much as he does good things away from goal but never really looks threatening.

Id be happy to persevere, but equally happy to see an out and out striker, contributing less to overall play, up there.

5 minutes ago, Elton said:

Smith regularly says it, the way we play his role is to occupy the CB’s and allow more time and space for the midfield/wide forwards and you cannot say it hasn’t worked as only the top 5 have scored more than us this season. I’m not saying Wesley is playing great but he is doing fine for me and hopefully will only improve too.

Christ. He gets paid what he does to occupy defenders. I’d do that job for free! 

Stop making excuses for a really poor footballer.

4 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Christ. He gets paid what he does to occupy defenders. I’d do that job for free! 

Stop making excuses for a really poor footballer.

Do you think Scott Hogan occupies 2 CB’s for 90 minutes?

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

WhoScored has him winning 2. I thought he had a couple more than that. Not sure what the WhoScored definition is tbh?

Dunno, but they do go more in detail than that on aerial duels. He's had 9 offensive aerial duels, won 2 and lost 7 of them.

Edited by Laughable Chimp

3 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

WhoScored has him winning 2. I thought he had a couple more than that. Not sure what the WhoScored definition is tbh?

2 out of 9 according to Whoscored.

But as you say I doubt every duel is counted as a won or lost duel.

13 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Yes, if he’s sat between them on the bench. 

Ha, ha, brilliant!

So we agree Wesley is a vast improvement there then. He’s scored as many as Liverpool’s Brazilian Centre Forward so far this season. Stats, lies etc.

Â