Wesley Moraes

Tomaszk

12 hours ago, Graham t said:

Why, we were struggling when both of these were in the team.....

VLD.

Not as much as we've struggled subsequently. 

More to the point, are you really quibbling about whether losing our first choice keeper and striker (both of whom are clearly better options than others in their position) was a bad thing?

I have slagged Wesley off as much as most but I do think we would be out the relegation zone now if we had him. It's not even up for debate for me, we would have sneaked a few points with him up top.

We would have still being a rubbish side with a below par centre forward, but if you really think we wouldn't have got a few more points with him up top you are blinded.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sne said:

I think we would have caught Liverpool if McGinn, Heaton and Wesley had stayed fit. 

Also think West Ham would have won the World Cup if Fabianski had not gotten injured.

Your just being silly with the West Ham comment. I agree with the first part though. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sulberto21 said:

I think we would be 7 points better off with Wesley and Heaton in the side. Wesley was improving and we finally found the formula to get the best out of him.

Was he improving, or was he just having a good game? Prior to the burnley game no signs of improvement were there, to be honest... 

1 hour ago, villalad21 said:

Players suddenly become good players after they get a long term injury. Classic Villa Talk.

Or 

Relatively young poss rough gem new to league written off after a handful of games for good by keyboard scouts. Also Classic Villa Talk !

• Like 2

9 hours ago, sne said:

I think we would have caught Liverpool if McGinn, Heaton and Wesley had stayed fit. 

Also think West Ham would have won the World Cup if Fabianski had not gotten injured.

The first part is correct as the gap between us would be less. 😉

On 06/07/2020 at 17:58, villalad21 said:

Smith doesn't play 2 up front. 

Heaton

Targett, Mings, Engels, Guilbert

Buendia, McGinn, Luiz, Benrahma

Wesley

Samatta

Does that help you?

I wasn’t being entirely serious incidentally.

• Haha 1

Returning to training? I know he can’t play this season but good to see him on the road to recovery.

9463B162-6FDB-4F58-965A-682D71BCD10A.jpeg

5 hours ago, jim said:

Returning to training? I know he can’t play this season but good to see him on the road to recovery.

9463B162-6FDB-4F58-965A-682D71BCD10A.jpeg

Yes good to see in road to recovery, but does anyone really think hed be better as an option up front than Davis and Samatta, who knows right the way things are with our strikers.

Point blank they are all utter rubbish for the premier.

12 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

Yes good to see in road to recovery, but does anyone really think hed be better as an option up front than Davis and Samatta, who knows right the way things are with our strikers.

Point blank they are all utter rubbish for the premier.

Wesley never had enough games for that to be decided!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

Wesley never had enough games for that to be decided!

Wesley did score for us at least, ill give him that one, at least hes popped a few in the net unlike Davis and Samatta.

Maybe he was what we was missing, I just wished we could of had the chance to get him back to see as he seemed to poach goals and be in good positions at least. I just hope he gets rid of his floor wrestling trait he seemed to of picked up, although I think much of it was to annoy the opposition and to slow the game down alot. Had started to use his strength a fair amount before his injury, loved it when he sent man utd players into the advertising boards lol. 

Out of the 3 strikers and 3 wingers id sell, Wesley is the one I'd like to see maybe stay and at least give him another go and see what he can do in the premier or championship, Davis, Samatta, Trezegeut, Ghazi and Jota can all be replaced for all I care, if they stay I dont think I theres any hope for our squad next season.

Edited by Dave-R
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, Laughable Chimp said:

Neither have Samatta and Davis

I never said they had, I don't think I even mentioned them in my post. Wesley in his limited chances proved he was better than either of those two.... So far.

Â