Wesley Moraes

Tomaszk

7 hours ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

You have been driving some kind of personal hate campaign against Wesley all season, even wishing him to get injured, constantly saying how much better f.ex. Davis is and that he should have played instead. So how much better have we been in attack after Wesleys injury? How much better has Davis been compared to Wesley and how many more goals has he scored? How much better have we been with Samatta? Would be suitible with at least some kind of self reflection and humility from your side.

Wesley is injured for the rest of the season, just as you wished, but you still feel a need to continue to criticize him. Believe me, your point that you don't like him has come across. 

I actually don't hate him. I just think he is a crap striker

The fact that the rest of our strikers are also crap doesn't make Wesley good.

Edited by villalad21
  • Like 1

Just seen a stat that since Wes got injured in January our strikers have 1 goal between them in the league, 12 games and only 1 goal. That burney game was a good win but losing Heaton and wes in the same game really has **** us! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, holteend1982 said:

Just seen a stat that since Wes got injured in January our strikers have 1 goal between them in the league, 12 games and only 1 goal. That burney game was a good win but losing Heaton and wes in the same game really has **** us! 

Didn't samatta score against Bournemouth and el ghazi score a penalty against City as a striker. 

3 minutes ago, holteend1982 said:

Our strikers including Wes has 6 goals in 33 games all season.

Those 3 games we played without a striker with El Ghazi up top is among our best runs, we picked up 4 points there.

2511 minutes of football for our strikers on the pitch and they have managed a combined 6 goals and 1 assist. 

Stats wise Wes is the least bad with 5 goals and 1 assist in just under 1800 minutes of football. But that's still dire.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, holteend1982 said:

That burney game was a good win but losing Heaton and wes in the same game really has **** us! 

Before that Burnley game he had 0 goals in his last 12 games.

Let's not rewrite the script and claim Wesley was a good striker for us. All our strikers are shit.

Edited by villalad21
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, sne said:

Our strikers including Wes has 6 goals in 33 games all season.

Those 3 games we played without a striker with El Ghazi up top is among our best runs, we picked up 4 points there.

2511 minutes of football for our strikers on the pitch and they have managed a combined 6 goals and 1 assist. 

Stats wise Wes is the least bad with 5 goals and 1 assist in just under 1800 minutes of football. But that's still dire.

Wesley directly contributed to a huge number of goals even if he didn't play the final ball or finish it. The reason we are struggling to score is because we don't have him. We were scoring for fun with him, now without him we are dead in the water.

I say El Ghazi up front for the rest of the season with hourihane because at least they will score and create chances. 

1 minute ago, MotoMkali said:

Wesley directly contributed to a huge number of goals even if he didn't play the final ball or finish it. The reason we are struggling to score is because we don't have him. We were scoring for fun with him, now without him we are dead in the water.

I say El Ghazi up front for the rest of the season with hourihane because at least they will score and create chances. 

Not quite true, we scored for fun in 1 game. Against Norwich, and Wes played a huge part in that game.

Other than that we struggled to score more than 1 goal a game all season, Wes or no Wes.

• Thanks 1

I suggest we all go back to this post's pages from November and December. As it very often happens, when a player is injured for a long time and is replaced by equally incompetent players, the perception of his ability increases significantly. Wesley was utter tripe, he has been an absolute passenger in nearly every game. Had a great game against the reserves of a bottom of the table Norwich, many of whom were on painkillers. If you discount that game, he only has 3 goals... 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, WooJung said:

I suggest we all go back to this post's pages from November and December. As it very often happens, when a player is injured for a long time and is replaced by equally incompetent players, the perception of his ability increases significantly. Wesley was utter tripe, he has been an absolute passenger in nearly every game. Had a great game against the reserves of a bottom of the table Norwich, many of whom were on painkillers. If you discount that game, he only has 3 goals... 

I was defending wesley back then as well. I think we were looking for an easy scapegoat and he was the target because we didn't give him any service. It was easy to go he is crap even though when we did get him involved in play we tended to score

• Like 2

1 minute ago, MotoMkali said:

I was defending wesley back then as well. I think we were looking for an easy scapegoat and he was the target because we didn't give him any service. It was easy to go he is crap even though when we did get him involved in play we tended to score

If i remember correctly Wesley was more concerned with dilly dallying in midfield rather than being in the box.

Wesley isn't a 9 to me.

16 minutes ago, WooJung said:

What utter tripe of a post, I was still a fan back then.  Since Wes has been injured it has shown through Davis and Samatta we are providing our strikers no service with 1 goal between them so 5 goals from Wes was ok.  Yes he wasnt brilliant but a young foreign player not from this league he was doing as ok, and improving in terms in influencing the game.  Yes his goals ratio wasnt great but given what we have seen with Davis and Samatta we can see why.  People who liked him then still like him and people that dont still wont.  He was never utter tripe, that's just plainly an exaggeration.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

If i remember correctly Wesley was more concerned with dilly dallying in midfield rather than being in the box.

Wesley isn't a 9 to me.

Always felt he was more a number 10 and needed a number 9 with him.  Hoping that him and Samatta will form a better partnership next season as they could compliment each other

19 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

To be fair when reviewing the season we did play better with Wesley in the team.

I agree he wasn't prolific, but we also didn't support him properly most of the time.

I could be completely wrong, but I wonder if we would be slightly above the relegation zone  if Wesley, mcginn and Heaton didn't get injured.

In hindsight they were 3 really big losses for us (so much that we couldn't overcome it), so much so we are probably going to get relegated.

2 hours ago, MotoMkali said:

'A huge number of goals'..............😂😂😂👌

VLD.

• Haha 1

He was one of the absolute worst strikers I can remember regularly starting for us. Then we had to watch Davis and Samatta have a go.

I still think he's poor, but he deserves a fresh chance when he's back, when we hopefully have some creativity worth a damn.

3 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Davis is miles better. Wes is astonishingly crap. The fact that we paid £22 million is fecking insane. 

Davis has done nothing to indicate this. 2 goals for Villa in about 40 league games and has been poor since reatart

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

He was one of the absolute worst strikers I can remember regularly starting for us.

I still think he's poor, but he deserves a fresh chance when he's back, when we hopefully have some creativity worth a damn.

He should find his feet in the Championship easy enough.

Â