Wesley Moraes

Tomaszk

1 hour ago, thunderball said:

Might be here

Samatta, Wesley, Guilbert, Targett

Definitely won't be here

Mings, Mcginn, Luiz

Just now, lexicon said:

Losing both Wes and Heaton for the season in one game is a major factor in our current plight IMO. 

Not getting a winger in and more composed CB along with the striker we did get in January is the big reason IMO

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Who honestly cares. Literally everybody knows him as just Wesley, which is ironically as English as you can get. Just like most people know Tammy Abraham as Tammy and not Kevin Oghenetega Tamaraebi Bakumo Abraham. The fancy name meme has to be one of the most played out and inaccurate talking points in football discussions.

Waiting on the link or I'll assume it was straight up a lie. 

Just now, KenjiOgiwara said:

Waiting on the link or I'll assume it was straight up a lie. 

I mean, let's say I lied. Your point was still dumb.

But since you're clearly curious to expand your knowledge about Brazilian names and naming conventions, although the public aren't exactly privy to government databases, I can point you to this site here claims that Ferreira and Da Silva are the 5th and 1st most common surnames in Brazil respectively. Wiki has them as the 8th and 1st most common. Brazilians names typically follow the format First Name/Middle Name/Mother's Surname/Father's Surname. I'm sure you can do the math from there.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

Might be here

Samatta, Wesley, Guilbert, Targett

Definitely won't be here

Mings, Mcginn, Luiz

Why McGinn and Luiz? McGinn has been out for six months and looked chunky since coming back and not great.  His last game was his best but a long way to go before we see the normal McGinn, not sure anybody will risk a decent fee for him until January when he's fully back.  Luiz was bang average before at best before the lockdown and is now playing well but not even half a dozen games.  Teams arent going to pay at least 15m for him based on his overall performance this season.  If he had done what he has done in the last five games over the whole season then yes but not based on 5 games when for two-thirds of a season he looked at best an average midfielder and sometimes lost.

Targett isnt going anywhere either, who would pay 14m for him (recoup cost).

3 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Who honestly cares. Literally everybody knows him as just Wesley, which is ironically as English as you can get. Just like most people know Tammy Abraham as Tammy and not Kevin Oghenetega Tamaraebi Bakumo Abraham. The fancy name meme has to be one of the most played out and inaccurate talking points in football discussions.

Is Kevin really that bad a first name that you'd prefer to be called Tammy? 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Villarocker said:

Funniest part for me is that his brother is called Timmy Abraham 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Villarocker said:

If I had to pick one I'd definitely go with Tammy. Kevin is about as bland as you can get (no offence to the Kevins on here! :D )

Â