Wesley Moraes

Tomaszk

42 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Davis has done nothing to indicate this. 2 goals for Villa in about 40 league games and has been poor since reatart

His general play says so. This is a classic VT thing where the longer a player is out, the better he actually is. Wesley was beyond dog shit. If Davis had been given the same minutes Wes got in a confident Villa side from August to December I can't see him being worse. 

But lets get Wes back in, so we can put this to rest one time and for all. 

Edited by KenjiOgiwara

2 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

His general play says so. This is a classic VT thing where the longer a player is out, the better he actually is. Wesley was beyond dog shit. If Davis had been given the same minutes Wes got in a confident Villa side from August to December I can't see him being worse. 

Is it any different to the hype that Davis got when he was injured. You have been against Wesley from the start so can see your biased. Davis makes Shane Long look prolific and this is why we have been poor post lockdown. Nothing in attack

If both were released in the summer Wesley would be picked up by a European club with decent pedigree while Davis would probably end up in league 1

Yes. Because my subjective position on Davis being miles better is after watching him play. Not because he was out injured. Unfortunately his name is not Keinaninho, so he is automatically not comperable to the £ 22 million flop called Wesley 17 names - inho. 

37 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

I'd be surprised if Wesley hit 15 goals in the Championship.

You wouldn't be surprised, you'd just pretend you never said it.

On 05/07/2020 at 06:23, villalad21 said:

I actually don't hate him. I just think he is a crap striker

The fact that the rest of our strikers are also crap doesn't make Wesley good.

For someone you don't hate, it's so swell you've still got the energy to give him shit so often 7 months of his injury. 

A quick search of posts by you with 'Wesley' in brings up 246 results. That's one post every 7 minutes he's played.

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Just a silly post!  I wonder if you even watch Villa play if this is your view because it's just opposite of reality

18 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Yes. Because my subjective position on Davis being miles better is after watching him play. Not because he was out injured. Unfortunately his name is not Keinaninho, so he is automatically not comperable to the £ 22 million flop called Wesley 17 names - inho. 

wow, just wow to this comment! 

24 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Keinan is obviously a more exotic name than Wesley

Wesley is as common a name as you can find 😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Before his injury we had 27 goals in 21 games since then 9 goals in 12 games and as mentioned has effected our goals from midfield.

El Ghazi, Grealish and Luiz have 1 goal since his injury and El Ghazi was a penalty.  Before his injury our midfielders had 20 goals combined(21 if include Lansbury at Palace)

11 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Keinan is obviously a more exotic name than Wesley

Wesley is as common a name as you can find 😂

You really should read up on his full name which I kinda hinted to, in case it escaped you. If you claim you've met anyone called that ever, I'm inclined to call bullshit on it. 

And in the 3 games we played without a striker in mid January we scored 4. 

We had 12 in 12 if you count the game against Burnley where he got injured. During that spell Wes was on a 12 game spell without a goal or assist.

It's a shame he got injured but we badly needed an upgrade on him regardless. A proper wide player would have been even more useful thou.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

You really should read up on his full name which I kinda hinted to, in case it escaped you. If you claim you've met anyone called that ever, I'm inclined to call bullshit on it. 

not really sure what you were aiming at but Wesley has no inho in any of his full name and he doesnt seem to have 17 names according to Google

54 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Well the stats imply that the rest of the team must be, beyond, whatever is beyond dog shit. 😉

According to who scored our 6rh best player this season. He is off his rocker

3 hours ago, nick76 said:

Always felt he was more a number 10 and needed a number 9 with him.  Hoping that him and Samatta will form a better partnership next season as they could compliment each other

3 hours ago, nick76 said:

What utter tripe of a post, I was still a fan back then.  Since Wes has been injured it has shown through Davis and Samatta we are providing our strikers no service with 1 goal between them so 5 goals from Wes was ok.  Yes he wasnt brilliant but a young foreign player not from this league he was doing as ok, and improving in terms in influencing the game.  Yes his goals ratio wasnt great but given what we have seen with Davis and Samatta we can see why.  People who liked him then still like him and people that dont still wont.  He was never utter tripe, that's just plainly an exaggeration.

It's not just his goal ration which was poor, his overall game was poor. If you say he's more of a 10 than a 9, then you would expect him to have dribbling skills, or vision, collecting the ball and moving it. He did none of that. If you need Davis and samatta to make him look good, then that speaks more about Davis and samatta than anything else

12 minutes ago, WooJung said:

It's not just his goal ration which was poor, his overall game was poor. If you say he's more of a 10 than a 9, then you would expect him to have dribbling skills, or vision, collecting the ball and moving it. He did none of that. 

In your opinion!

5 hours ago, sne said:

Not quite true, we scored for fun in 1 game. Against Norwich, and Wes played a huge part in that game.

Other than that we struggled to score more than 1 goal a game all season, Wes or no Wes.

We were the 6th highest scorers in the league up until the point Wes got injured. So although not quite scoring for fun, we were scoring pretty freely, and only failed to score in 2 games if I'm remembering it correctly.

12 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

We were the 6th highest scorers in the league up until the point Wes got injured. So although not quite scoring for fun, we were scoring pretty freely, and only failed to score in 2 games if I'm remembering it correctly.

We started the season scoring a lot for a poor side scoring 15 in our first 9. After that we regressed scoring 12 in 12 including the Burnley game where Wes got injured.

Edit: 8th highest scorers by round 21.

Edited by sne

Â