Wesley Moraes

Tomaszk

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I went back to reread a scouting report due to the resurgence of the thread, and it highlights the positives, as well as the complaints some on here have.

It heavily suggested that he is more of a link up player which likes to come deep, help with passing, build up and hold up play.

The writer also noted that this would probably have to be coached out of him (Which would take time) if he is to become an effective PL striker.

Noted that he was helped by the quick wingers and neat Inter play with striker at Brugge.

He is a tireless worker.

His heading is weak for a big man and needs to be improved.

Claims he is deceptively quick.

If anything, as some have already said, it was the fault of the board for expecting to place the burden on this type of player to be our main goalscorer at such an early stage.

Wesley has poor acceleration but he is fairly quick. I don't remember him ever being left in the dust by a defender like Davis was by Gomez. Wesley a bad running style although that may be because of his legs. Hopefully part of his recovery process was relearning how to run so he is quicker when accelerating. If he is just 10-20% quicker accelerating he will be too fast or too strong for most defenders to deal with. 

• Like 1

Just now, villalad21 said:

People keeps bringing up his passing yet only 1 assist in 21 games.

It was more his link up play than the final ball. He used his size as a distraction often for him to either dummy the ball or play a pass out wide which created space for others in the middle, aka mcginn which is where all of mcginns goals have come from this season, running into the space in the box. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, MotoMkali said:

It was more his link up play than the final ball. He used his size as a distraction often for him to either dummy the ball or play a pass out wide which created space for others in the middle, aka mcginn which is where all of mcginns goals have come from this season, running into the space in the box. 

He had quite a few assists at Brugge but he's not been able to replicate it at the Prem level.

Just now, villalad21 said:

He had quite a few assists at Brugge but he's not been able to replicate it at the Prem level.

If you create chances for me I keep missing them how is that your fault?

1 minute ago, Sulberto21 said:

If you create chances for me I keep missing them how is that your fault?

Can't remember that happening at all.

I'd love for you to give me some example of Wesley playing through a player and said player missed.

1 minute ago, villalad21 said:

I'd love for you to give me some example of Wesley playing through a player and said player missed.

I'm not re watching all of Wesley's games. And what Tayls said not every pass has to be a direct assist. That was the point of mentioning Xavi and Iniesta compared with Pedro and Dani Alves. 

40 minutes ago, sne said:

Not one of our players are among the top 50 in the PL when it comes to goals per minute. Not even close.

Wesley is actually our best in that aspect with a goal every 358th minute. The list only goes to top-50 and I can't be bothered to go through every team individually but I imagine he sits at about place 55-60.

Grealish and Hourihane are closes behind with 1 goal every 400 minute. Samatta sits at 1 goal ever 603 minutes and Davis is N/A. 

All in all after our initial 9 games of the season we have struggled for goals.

All according to Sofascore

https://www.sofascore.com/sv/turnering/fotboll/england/premier-league/17

Interesting Mings has played fewer minutes than Hause and Targett unless Mings has actually scored more than 1 goal ths season 

18 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Off the top of my head, he was involved in a great sequence of play in the game he got injured in, with a clinical pass in the final third which lead to a goal.

I believe the pass was to Jack.

EDIT: around 1:10 mark

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Off the top of my head, he was involved in a great sequence of play in the game before his injury, with a clinical pass in the final third which lead to a goal.

I believe the pass was to Jack.

Yeah he played well that game.

Problem with Wesley to me is his general play. 

He has struggled with the basics all season and it looked like his teammates refused the ball to him at times this season because of it.

And his constant falling on the floor and crying to the ref is embarrassing for such a big guy.

12 minutes ago, useless said:

Since his injury our midfielders and wingers have completely stopped scoring, Luiz was the last to get one when we beat Watford eleven games ago, Samatta has only scored once in that time as well. So essentially we've been relying on goals from defenders since his injury, brought a lot more to the team than people realized.

Since our injury? No. More like since the restart. People are acting like our failure to score recently has been due to wesley when our goal scoring form only took a serious dip after the restart, not after his injury.

Edit:nvm, you specifically referred to midfielders not scoring. 

Edited by Laughable Chimp

10 hours ago, jim said:

Returning to training? I know he can’t play this season but good to see him on the road to recovery.

9463B162-6FDB-4F58-965A-682D71BCD10A.jpeg

Good to see him on the way back. I am no conditioning coach but his legs look a little spindly. Hopefully Wes can work on his physical conditioning in his recovery time.

2 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Good to see him on the way back. I am no conditioning coach but his legs look a little spindly. Hopefully Wes can work on his physical conditioning in his recovery time.

Agreed , to be fair they always have.

He needs to get on that Adama Traore training regime. Lol

Â