Wesley Moraes

Tomaszk

He would have hit double figures this season which at the beginning of the season I said would need to be the aim. He will do well for us if he can get back to full fitness. Big if though.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

Before his injury we had 27 goals in 21 games since then 9 goals in 12 games and as mentioned has effected our goals from midfield.

El Ghazi, Grealish and Luiz have 1 goal since his injury and El Ghazi was a penalty.  Before his injury our midfielders had 20 goals combined(21 if include Lansbury at Palace)

The awkward moment when he and Davis both have 4 names :lol:

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

not really sure what you were aiming at but Wesley has no inho in any of his full name and he doesnt seem to have 17 names according to Google

Wesley Moraes Ferreira da Silva. Like you said. Quite the common name indeed. Think I hear someone called that weekly to be fair. 

But jokes aside, Keinan really should change name to Keinan Moraes Ferreira da Silva. He'd be set on here. 

Edited by KenjiOgiwara
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Wesley Moraes Ferreira da Silva. Like you said. Quite the common name indeed. Think I hear someone called that weekly to be fair. 

But jokes aside, Keinan really should change name to Keinan Moraes Ferreira da Silva. He'd be set on here. 

I have definitely no idea what point your trying to make about the name. Wesley is a common name and thats what he is called. Nobody calls Wes Hoolahan exotic

As Dublin has over 20000 Brazilians living there I am sure when I am home that if I went looking I could find somebody with a similar name ;) 

10 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

What is your point? I assume you arent being racist.  Anyway I know a few people called Wes.  I also have step cousins who are as Brummie as can be whose last name is Da Silva so I'm still not sure the point.  Your chosen name for this site is Kenji Ogiwara whether that is your name or just a name you have chosen, which isnt common as far as I am aware so I'm just not sure what point you are getting at.

Edited by nick76

3 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Nothing more than the FACT that he has an exotic name which you try to make it out he doesn't.  

Is that even a thing any more? exotic name.....in the multi-cultural societies of today whether I'm in Brum or where I lived in Sydney there are so many of my friends that come from different backgrounds and are 2nd, 3rd or 4th generation from other lands that a "non-exotic" name seems less common than before.  In fact my boring name is in the minority compared to my friends.

11 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Nothing more than the FACT that he has an exotic name which you try to make it out he doesn't.  

Rubbish. Louie Barry has the most generic name ever and people are jizzing in their pants over him.

Keinan get's no love because he is crap. 

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, omariqy said:

He would have hit double figures this season which at the beginning of the season I said would need to be the aim. He will do well for us if he can get back to full fitness. Big if though.

That's debatable.

12 games without a goal before Burnley game. Who is to say he wouldn't go on a similar bad spell?

23 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Funny thing is, the most uncommon name there among the 4 is Wesley. Ferreira da Silva is actually a pretty common surname in Brazil.

But more to your point, the fact that you seem to be the only one on here who knows Wesley's full name which kind of nullifies your point notwithstanding, it's such a lazy point to begin with. People just don't think Davis is good enough. You could dispute that point on its merits instead of these unoriginal strawmans.

10 minutes ago, jim said:

Rubbish. Louie Barry has the most generic name ever and people are jizzing in their pants over him.

Keinan get's no love because he is crap. 

Wesley is rubbish as well. All season he has struggled with the basics.

It's laughable that people think we would be fine if this lump was available.

Edited by villalad21

If the argument is solely between Wesley & Davis , both in

in my view have done poorly. But in the long run I think Wesley has better chance to succeed ... Davis is more direct but his touches lets him down especially,  in premier league its always tight u are lucky if u can get a ft of space. Skill / ball control / ball sense are developed at very young & is difficult to teach after certain age. Wesley I feel has more footballing brains , can read a pass better / more composure / ball control , but at this stage ,slower . But I do see he’s improving physically just before he got injured.  

Imho Wesley’s with his sad & tragic childhood, will have more mental strength & determination to improve & succeed . I am sure the local academy players have their respective challenges and pressure, but don’t think they will face same such epic level of pressure as what the likes of Wesley went thru. 

26 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

One thing i'm certain of is that he's a much striker than Davis and Samatta. 

Wesley has played a lot more games and minutes than Samatta. It isn't even comparable.

4 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Davis is miles better. Wes is astonishingly crap. The fact that we paid £22 million is fecking insane. 

lol, this is absolute unqualified rubbish. On what basis is Davis miles better? 

I think Wes is good enough TBH. Its not like we spent £40m like Newcastle and Everton did on their new forwards who have worse goal returns. A striker should not just be evaluated on goals scored, its how the team plays with them in as well. 

• Like 2

Just now, thunderball said:

lol, this is absolute unqualified rubbish. On what basis is Davis miles better? 

I think Wes is good enough TBH. Its not like we spent £40m like Newcastle and Everton did on their new forwards who have worse goal returns. A striker should not just be evaluated on goals scored, its how the team plays with them in as well. 

Davis is better at holding up the ball. He is stronger, quicker and a better link up player.

Wesley is a better finisher.

Â