RasenBallsport Leipzig (Aug 3)

limpid

If we can hold our own against this lot, we'll have no trouble staying up. We're not exactly playing our best XI either, so with maybe 1 or 2 still to come and Luiz/Nakamba to slot in somewhere, we'll be a bit more defensively sound too.

This is what playing against Spurs, Liverpool and City will be like. The rest not so much. Pleased with this they will learn faster. I hope we play top level opponents in all our pre-season games in future.

• Like 2

Just now, TheAuthority said:

As we're not 3 up at halftime to a CL side are people calling for Smith out yet?

In my humble view I think the comments on here are very balanced and reasonable - for a change ! - hope it stays like that.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

In my computer programming days we had a saying - a test that doesn't find any errors is a failed test. 

Preseason is like that. 

Or a sign of a working patch. Much like this transfer window.

• Like 1

Heaton, Engels & Mings all been good. You can hear Heaton talking all the time, real good presence to have in the side.

Looking forward to seeing Marvelous, someone who wont stop running and pressurising should lead to Jack and John getting into the game a bit more.

Decent enough against tough opposition

• Like 1

This fixture has come at the exact right moment. Good to see the defenders and midfielders having to make decisions under proper pressure from a well-drilled, athletic side.

If we hadn't have had this, Spurs would have analled us.

Â