RasenBallsport Leipzig (Aug 3)

limpid

Just now, MaVilla said:

to be fair i havent seen many teams press that well, when Leipzig press they do it fast, aggressively and it looks like they have twice as many players on the field, really impressive and a good test for us, if we can even get close to this team it shows we should do ok, only 4 or 6 teams in the whole Prem who will be as good as Leipzig i reckon.

3 I would say. Man City, Liverpool and Spurs. These would beat Chelsea, Arsenal and United 60/40

• Like 1

I'd bring Trez on to give more pace to the right side as their are pushing the FBs back making it hard for us to move forward quickly. Jota has been good but I think we need more pace down that side. Jack and John need to liven up. Not often you can say that. I like Engels and Mings, Freddie looks solid, Targett decent and Wes looks great but needs more support around him.

1 minute ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Targett isn't 'top class' and so he is probably going to get tucked up by the Timo Werner's of this world from time to time. 

Don’t disagree he’s up against a good player. But it’s the basic defensive principles or lack of them I should say.

Being too high than the rest of the defensive line. Not pressuring the ball as the first defender. Recovery run to get into position to deny that goal. 

These to me are not so much to do with who he’s marking but rather things that are non negotiable for a full back. 

I hope Hourihane doesn’t become a scapegoat if we lose games in the PL. I trust Smith and if Smith starts him then I’ll assume that he’s the best man for that role.

Edited by alreadyexists
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, alreadyexists said:

I hope Hourihane doesn’t become a scapegoat if we lose games in the PL. I trust Smith and of Smith starts him then I’ll assume that he’s the best man for that role.

It's unfortunately his destiny I think though!

• Sad 1

Nice goal from Conner. However, he just doesn't seem to want the ball in that holding midfield spot. Looks uncomfortable receiving the ball in that position. Performs better higher up the field. Time to see Marvellous. 

I feel so much more confident with Heaton in goal. I mean I like Steer and I will always appreciate what he did in the promotion campaign, but Heaton is just a boss. 

• Like 1

Â