RasenBallsport Leipzig (Aug 3)

limpid

Just now, terrytini said:

Of course it will. 

Every team will be tough, and find it tough.

I just think saying Spurs will be “ licking their lips” after half an hour of our first top grade friendly is a little, shall I say, over the top.

..and I would agree with you.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

He's been playing like this for a while tbh. I genuinely think he's DS's preferred choice at DCM at the moment, and will have to play his way out.

I say this as someone who was massively in favour of Whelan over Hourihane last season, but Conor has stepped up. Looks much calmer on the ball.

True but I think we need steel in there.

Leipzig look a very good side, when they press its like they have twice as many players on the pitch, very impressive.

We dont help ourselves though, players too far apart for clever intricate play, and Hourihanes free kick aside, he doesnt offer anything in the DM role, not combative enough, and wquite a few of his passes are going astray.

Just now, terrytini said:

True but I think we need steel in there.

Completely agree that he lacks the necessary bite and intensity, but I can understand DS's reluctance to drop him. The fussier refereeing at this level will play into his hands.

New prediction: Hourihane will divide the fans this season. He’ll get goals and assists, which half of us will point to, but then the other half will be driven demented by the other half of his game.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Enda said:

New prediction: Hourihane will divide the fans this season. He’ll get goals and assists, which half of us will point to, but then the other half will be driven demented by the other half of his game.

I disagree. He won't play much at all.

• Like 1

Struggling with the quick passes. Quite sloppy at times but this is the sort of test that's needed. We'll get better and we're still holding our own against a top team. 

• Like 2

Â