RasenBallsport Leipzig (Aug 3)

limpid

3 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

As we're not 3 up at halftime to a CL side are people calling for Smith out yet?

its 1-1 and I think youre the first to mention Smith 

So ' no ' on both counts.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ROTTERDAM1982 said:

Guilbert having a mare???     

Both fullbacks either been poor positionally or tactically Smith needs to do something, that fact it's been similar on both sides makes me think the shape needs a tweak when we don't have the ball. Apart from that though Guilbert going forward has been a bit sloppy with the ball...

8 minutes ago, ROTTERDAM1982 said:

Massive improvement on last year, the right side looks partic impressive, as does Heaton.

Are RB in the CL?

Yeah finished 3rd in bundesliga

1 minute ago, hippo said:

its 1-1 and I think youre the first to mention Smith 

So ' no ' on both counts.

Not so, I mentioned him.   :)

Edited by mjmooney
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, thunderball said:

Mings is my worry for next season. We are relying heavily on him, he sometimes is quite sloppy. I hope he cuts that out

???

Our best player in that 45 IMO.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ROTTERDAM1982 said:

I think he was just caught out by the pace.

This friendly is the first time many of the players have played against players as good as Leipzig have. It's a good wake up call and I think he'll learn from it. 

1 minute ago, Daweii said:

I think he was just caught out by the pace.

This friendly is the first time many of the players have played against players as good as Leipzig have. It's a good wake up call and I think he'll learn from it. 

That's not true of Guilbert though to be fair. PSG are batshit but they're pretty good. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ROTTERDAM1982 said:

No, just the whole team is having a bit of a schooling on how good a side that finished 3rd in bundesliga and is in the CL is.

A few look good though, just other look like you would expect them to look, troubled a bit by the speed and pressing of Leipzig.

3 minutes ago, Danishlad said:

We have had problems getting out of Leipzig organized press. Getting the  ball into the midfield.

to be fair i havent seen many teams press that well, when Leipzig press they do it fast, aggressively and it looks like they have twice as many players on the field, really impressive and a good test for us, if we can even get close to this team it shows we should do ok, only 4 or 6 teams in the whole Prem who will be as good as Leipzig i reckon.

Leipzig finished 2nd, 6th and 3rd in Bundesliga in the last 3 seasons, they are a very good team.

Edited by MaVilla
  • Like 2

This match is invaluable. Very decent intensity for a friendly, and a taste of what we're in for. Still a friendly though, so wouldn't be too hard on anyone. They're still building up fitness and avoiding injury to some degree. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Danishlad said:

We have had problems getting out of Leipzig organized press. Getting the  ball into the midfield.

unfortunately because despite his goals Hourihane doesn't offer anything in that deep lying role.

Edited by VillanousOne

Â