RasenBallsport Leipzig (Aug 3)

limpid

35 minutes ago, MNVillan said:

Apologies if this has already been addressed, but what type of side did Leipzig put out today? Did they play most of their starting XI like we seem to have done?

Yeah timo werner etc played, i beleive it was a full strength side.

52 minutes ago, MNVillan said:

Apologies if this has already been addressed, but what type of side did Leipzig put out today? Did they play most of their starting XI like we seem to have done?

Full strength side and they treated it like it was the Champions League Final. They pulled no punches, pressed incredibly well and didn't hold off at all when it came to tackling, which unfortunately El Ghazi found out late into the second half.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, thunderball said:

I stand by this. Didn't say he was poor, just I am concerned about him - he is very good mostly, sometimes outstanding. Mostly solid today, but he gets sloppy - was at fault for our first goal (lost his man), is sometimes quite laid back (I think its his personality) and lost a return ball in a dangerous position in the first, and almost got caught in possession a couple of times today. Errors get punished at PL level.

Just saying he needs to be at his best, he has a huge responsibility. Hoping he will live up to that mantle, he could be a very good player.

Not sure of you're point ? - do you rate Ming's or not 

Sure he will make mistakes - and we will concede goals. For me he is the first name on the sheet.

Of course he needs to be at his best - he's a highly paid pro ...

Through groundbreaking ideologies and top tactical prowess, Julian Nagelsmann has become one of Europe’s hottest managerial prospects. Being put into the conversation of the elite and established managers in his short experience. In this tactical analysis, we will explore how there is no better project Julian Nagelsmann could have taken up than the one with Red Bull Leipzig.

https://footballbh.net/2019/07/04/julian-nagelsmann-leipzig-201819-tactical-analysis-tactics/

Excellent article on what we had to face today. Im pretty sure they’ll be doing this for Dean Smith soon enough.

3 hours ago, hippo said:

Not sure of you're point ? - do you rate Ming's or not 

Sure he will make mistakes - and we will concede goals. For me he is the first name on the sheet.

Of course he needs to be at his best - he's a highly paid pro ...

Yes I rate Mings, he was the second player I wanted us to sign after Axel. On my comment:

“Mings is my worry for next season. We are relying heavily on him, he sometimes is quite sloppy. I hope he cuts that out”

I wasn’t criticising his performance today specifically, although in my follow up comment I qualified why I was concerned by the assertion of sloppiness. I think Mings is a key player to us, a warrior, a talisman, and he is our senior CB responsible for the defence, set against a context of all that investment and expectation. You have to admit his pre-season hasn’t been great, sloppy at times, I just hope he cuts that out as he can be a great CB for us, he is full blooded and bleeds for the cause. He has no history as a Senior CentreBack, responsible for the defence, I hope he steps up, so here-in lies my concern.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, thunderball said:

Yes I rate Mings, he was the second player I wanted us to sign after Axel. On my comment:

“Mings is my worry for next season. We are relying heavily on him, he sometimes is quite sloppy. I hope he cuts that out”

I wasn’t criticising his performance today specifically, although in my follow up comment I qualified why I was concerned by the assertion of sloppiness. I think Mings is a key player to us, a warrior, a talisman, and he is our senior CB responsible for the defence, set against a context of all that investment and expectation. You have to admit his pre-season hasn’t been great, sloppy at times, I just hope he cuts that out as he can be a great CB for us, he is full blooded and bleeds for the cause. He has no history as a Senior CentreBack, responsible for the defence, I hope he steps up, so here-in lies my concern

We have a lot of players new to prem - it's a worry who will "step up" - However Ming's is low down on the list of concerns for me.

12 hours ago, VILLAMARV said:

Encouraging signs from the team and the individuals against a good side. Although it's a friendly. Although I've watched the games, but the highlights shows how sharp we were. We had couple of good chances.

Â