RasenBallsport Leipzig (Aug 3)

limpid

5 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

Am I right in saying Guilbert has made two simple mistakes leading to good attacks for Leipzig, one of which has just led to a goal?

(First one was a simple short pass to Jota that he knocked into touch under no pressure.)

Just come on to say the same. Twice tried a lazy knock “around the corner” and twice given away. Won’t get away with that in PL

• Like 1

Just now, terrytini said:

We played Charlton last week.

These are in the Champions League.

Thats a leap.

Lets not over react eh ?

+spurs made it to the CL final. It will be hella tough whichever way.

Just now, LxYoungAVFC said:

Hourihane is playing like he's fighting for his position. Look what a bit of competition can do.

He's been playing like this for a while tbh. I genuinely think he's DS's preferred choice at DCM at the moment, and will have to play his way out.

I say this as someone who was massively in favour of Whelan over Hourihane last season, but Conor has stepped up. Looks much calmer on the ball.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

Mistakes are a part of football, better we make them today rather than next week. 

Well said,

but we will make them next week aswell, and for the rest of the Saeson. I’d hope fans wouldn’t rush to criticise, doubt, and judge.

• Like 3

We played Charlton last week.

These are in the Champions League.

Thats a leap.

Lets not over react eh ?

Fair point. Things might be better. All I’m saying is both our full backs are playing, well, crap.

Never understood why clubs don’t have more than one competitive friendly either. Seems like we should get three good matches in before the real thing.

• Like 2

Just now, osmark86 said:

+spurs made it to the CL final. It will be hella tough whichever way.

Of course it will. 

Every team will be tough, and find it tough.

I just think saying Spurs will be “ licking their lips” after half an hour of our first top grade friendly is a little, shall I say, over the top.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Enda said:

Fair point. Things might be better. All I’m saying is both our full backs are playing, well, crap.

Never understood why clubs don’t have more than one competitive friendly either. Seems like we should get three good matches in before the real thing.

That’s fair enough 👍

Of course it will. 

Every team will be tough, and find it tough.

I just think saying Spurs will be “ licking their lips” after half an hour of our first top grade friendly is a little, shall I say, over the top.

Spurs’ wingers. Targett and Guilbert have been our worst players out there.

Â