Premier League 2019-2020 Thread

Enda

2 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Yep.

Mcginn and Hourihane played as strikers today. Poor Nakamba tried to do a job of three.

I agree with that. The amount of space they had in the middle was a joke. But I would say our defence is very strong. It’s bailing us out many times.  

One of the problems for me is Wesley doesn’t move enough which means he needs midfielders closer to him. We can’t defend from the front. If we had a Tammy style striker that is all over the place our midfielders wouldnt have to be so box to box which wouldn’t open so much space in the middle

Also I couldn’t work out where Hourihane was playing today.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

the last time we sat in 11th or better (after 5 or more games in to the season), was mid 2014 (game 15), we finished 17th that season.

Well done deano, poor overall performance but we dug the win out, over the years we would have lost games like that, well done!

1 hour ago, ferguson1 said:

Looking at the table this evening, that stolen point at Palace still bothers me!  We could be  in the top half right now if it wasn’t for an inept referee. :rant:

I think it shows just how up for grabs a place in the top half of this division is. As you say, Lansbury goal stands and we're 7th tonight, having had a fairly mixed start to the season.

7 minutes ago, holteend1982 said:

I'm trying so hard to forget that season. Bet we are not far of scoring the same amount of goals either! 

lol yeah, we scored 27 goals that season, we are already up to 15!

Think we need to play Luiz and Nakamba as DM's for man city and Liverpool, if we lose that's fine but need to keep the scoreline low.

Some Liverpool fans are actually worried about the Villa game, they see us as their boogey team lol

• Like 1

So,

Man City, Liverpool, Wolves, Newcastle, Chelsea, Man Utd, Leicester, Southampton, Sheffield, Norwich, Watford. Not sure about the sequence of the games but, those are 11 games until the new year. We'll have played 20 games after that.

I'd say 6 of those are 6-pointers (including Wolves). Anything else would be bonus. Currently, 4 points from Dingles and Barcodes are important. But then there is a tough run after that. if we managed 6-9 points after we finish the Leicester game. then I think we've done a huge work to secure our place.

Although there is one problem, which is playing most of our opponents away from home later in the season. So we need as much as we can now.

4 hours ago, MaVilla said:

also, on one final note.

After 9 games, we have now won as many games as the entire of our 2015/16 relegation season :)

Jesus wept, that really was an epically shit season. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, HKP90 said:

Jesus wept, that really was an epically shit season. 

Its been a bloody awful few years that was a low point for sure.

Its one of the many reasons I am so relaxed about this season. We may lose, but we have a competent manager, back room team, ownership and professional football players. Its in marked contrast to the chancers and frauds of all kinds we had before. 

What ever happens this season I a happy with the club overall. A cliche I know but I feel we got our club back.

• Like 1