Premier League 2019-2020 Thread

Enda

26 minutes ago, useless said:

They actually signed ten players in the summer spending quite a bit of money in the process, so they're not the same team as they were in the championship. Whenever I've seen them this season they've looked pretty decent.

I didn’t realise that. They look decent to be fair. Still think Arsenal will win.

59 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

That Arsenal loss was the most painful of the season. We had them. We could have beat them with all 11 on the pitch, but somehow threw it away when they only had 10.

Had that game ended on the 80th minute, we’d be 5th !

• Like 1

Newcastle have beaten United, and Tottenham as have Brighton, Palace have beaten United, Norwich have beaten Man City, and now Sheffield United beat Arsenal. We need to show that we can get similar results for the psychological advantage. Yes Man City and Liverpool will be favorites and they could well both end up thrashing us, but getting a result isn't impossible the last thing we need is to come away from the next two without any points.

Edited by useless

15 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Wtf Sheff United have the best defence in the league. I think I have to take back what I said earlier. Fair play to them, 

They had the joint best defence in Championship as well last season

1 minute ago, useless said:

Newcastle have beaten United, and Tottenham as have Brighton, Palace have beaten United, Norwich have beaten Man City, and now Sheffield United beat Arsenal. We need to show that we can get similar results for the psychological advantage. Yes Man City and Liverpool will be favorites and they could well both end up thrashing us, but getting a result isn't impossible the last thing we need is to come away from the next without any points.

the psychological advantage is beating the teams around you. If we only beat the bottom 6 teams home and away then we will more than likely stay up

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Zatman said:

the psychological advantage is beating the teams around you. If we only beat the bottom 6 teams home and away then we will more than likely stay up

Exactly. Pointless getting scalps against top 6 teams and then losing to teams around you. The 6 pointers are the important ones. Anything else is just a bonus.

We need to scare away these mephistophelian demons telling us we can't beat anyone but those teams arounds us. I believe that we can get something from the next two games, not both but think we can get a result from one of them; loosing two games in a row is never good no matter the opposition.