Premier League 2019-2020 Thread

Enda

2 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Important that Liverpool win today.

Crucial to have relegation candidates behind us.

I'd rather Manure win and Ole avoids the axe for another few weeks.  The sooner he gets the sack, the more likely they'll be right in the middle of a new manager bounce when we play them in 5 weeks...

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Strog said:

Hoping Manure lose today. Liverplop will lose their winning record at some point but not today please, save it for Villa Park in a couple of weeks 🤞

Draw perfect result.

Hate Man Ure and don't want Liverpool winning the league.

• Like 3

One point from the next two wouldn't be the end of the world for us; just as long as if we do lose one of them we don't lose by more than one goal. If after those fixtures our goal difference hasn't taken too much of a battering and we're still outside the bottom three then we will have done well.

3 minutes ago, useless said:

One point from the next two wouldn't be the end of the world for us; just as long as if we do lose one of them we don't lose by more than one goal. If after those fixtures our goal difference hasn't taken too much of a battering and we're still outside the bottom three then we will have done well.

0 points wouldn't be the end of the world either.

As long as we average a point a game, most seasons it will be just enough.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, villalad21 said:

Let's hope our opponents keeps being wasteful then and we're good!

Well it's rare any team bar the very top ones have a high percentage of shots actually go on target.

Man. United conceded 10 shots to Liverpool today, 4 were on target and tbh 3 were just backpass shots to De gea.

As I've said before I can live with a team constantly shooting from 25 yards out, the odd one will fly into the top corner but generally it's not that bad a defensive strategy.

Our problems is when we defend so deep and have little attacking threat so we concede corner after corner and eventually the goals go in. This happened at Arsenal, Spurs and also at Palace once we went down to 10 men.

6 hours ago, villalad21 said:

Let's hope our opponents keeps being wasteful then and we're good!

I can’t remember apart from two attacking opportunities from Norwich which might’ve went to a goal.

However, Brighton looked dangerous (and we usually do that when we go attacking with our opponents are a man down).

Its about the quality of the attack. Against Palace we were really bad, Arsenal got dangerous after their goal. But in reality not every shot could be considered as a threat.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

I was impressed by Brighton to be fair. 

I wasn't - reminded me of us under Houllier. Easy on the eye - but limited clout. Lots of sideways passing - but for a supposedly eastablished prem team - they have won only 2 games ....easy to see why. They will be down there this season.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, villalad21 said:

0 points wouldn't be the end of the world either.

As long as we average a point a game, most seasons it will be just enough.

All but one of the last 10 season's it would have been enough!

5 hours ago, useless said:

One point from the next two would be excellent and something not many teams in the league will manage to achieve!

11 hours ago, useless said:

I'd bite your arm off for a point from next two.

I'd bite your arm for a point in the four total matches v Liverpool and City. They're the only two really good sides in the league.

• Like 1

I agree our target for the next two games is 1 point. The Premier League has now turned into the farce that was the SPL with only 2 good teams and the rest make up the numbers. only the European places and the off the pitch issues make it interesting.

But  look at liverpool without salah.... they look doable they don't seem to have any other natural dribblers. and the run of games without defeat becomes a ball a chain around their necks. everyone knows they're due.

a hostile welcoming committee for their team bus with flares etc and a rocking Villa Park and we can give them a bloody nose at least.

then look at man city. Midfielders at centre defence? a direct game plan could undo them.

1 hour ago, screwdriver said:

I agree our target for the next two games is 1 point. The Premier League has now turned into the farce that was the SPL with only 2 good teams and the rest make up the numbers. only the European places and the off the pitch issues make it interesting.

But  look at liverpool without salah.... they look doable they don't seem to have any other natural dribblers. and the run of games without defeat becomes a ball a chain around their necks. everyone knows they're due.

a hostile welcoming committee for their team bus with flares etc and a rocking Villa Park and we can give them a bloody nose at least.

then look at man city. Midfielders at centre defence? a direct game plan could undo them.

Salah wouldn't make much of a influence yesterday.

Man Utd played a rigid 5-3-2. Leaving Liverpool next to no space at all. 

They completely nullified their full backs. Liverpool's main attacking outlet.

We won't play like that against them. Liverpool will sure as hell get a lot more space to attack from against us.