Premier League 2019-2020 Thread

Enda

What a crazy season.

1 point off 7th, 2 points off 18th.

Take out Liverpool and to a lesser extent Man. City this is a very exciting and close league this season

If Man. United get soundly beaten v Liverpool they'll probably be in relegation zone by the time they kick off next Sunday at Norwich.

2 hours ago, VillaJ100 said:

Everton beat West ham. This will be a brutal season with all the teams so close to and taking points off each other

West Ham were total rubbish. Same as ever with them, not a bad 11 on paper and they have run of good form before just going off the boil.

2 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

At this rate i don't think 38 pts will be enough. 40 might not even be.

Yep pretty much everyone bar Watford are picking up a point a game or very close to it.

The table this time last year had bottom 3 of Newcastle, Cardiff and Huddersfield all on 2 or 3 points so that shows the difference. Fulham were only on 6 points I think if we're still playing that game.

Man. United, Spurs and Everton acting as point sieves atm is one of the main reasons.

Huge we won  today just to give us some space going into the next 3 games which will be very tough.

• Like 1

Annoying seeing Watford, Southampton and Norwich all getting points away from home, good job we won our game but with Man City and Liverpool coming up could have done with them all getting zero points.

It's just the way it is, results won't always go your way. Even today you had Watford and SOuthampton winning and Newcastle 0-0 up to last 20 minutes so could've been much worse given we very easily could've drawn 1-1.

Norwich getting a 0-0 did really surprise me, thought Bournemouth would easily win that. Good response by them after the hammering we gave them.

4 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Yep pretty much everyone bar Watford are picking up a point a game or very close to it.

It's ridiculous...

2 wins on the bounce and we're still only 3 pts clear from 18th.

Edited by villalad21

3 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

It's ridiculous...

2 wins on the bounce and we're still only 3 pts clear from 18th.

Just need to keep picking up wins here and there. Don't expect anything from our next two but 4 points v Newcastle-Wolves is then what is needed. Then we can realistcally look to win some games over xmas period when we play likes of Norwich,Southampton and Sheffield. Have 22-23 points by start of January and then the task to stay up looks much more achievable especially when some teams below will hit winless runs.

At least after the opening few games we look now like we have goals in us which is always important if you want to stay up.

1 hour ago, villalad21 said:

Bring on Man City and Liverpool.

Well..I'm joking, still feeling like this for our upcoming games.

Image result for terrified running gif

Liverpool will be a very difficult game... They look virtually unstoppable at the moment...

Man City though... If Narch can turn them over, then we can...

Its going to be an exciting (but potentially frustrating) few weeks!

I can see us letting quite a few in against City and Liverpool, think the commentator said today we are the side who's had most chances created against. That said we can probably hurt them too, could be quite good games.