Premier League 2019-2020 Thread

Enda

4 hours ago, Zatman said:

Voting to relegate the bottom 3 now sets an example, i dont think teams in bottom half will vote for that because if a 2nd wave hits next season it could be them in the bottom 3 when play stops

I hope so. The PL got greedy when they asked for clubs to vote for their curtailment calculation plan for this and for next season. I wouldn't put it past them, just asking clubs to vote on a way of relegating 3 clubs for this season, should this restart not get all of the games played.   

11 hours ago, Zatman said:

I said before, I much prefer play in the Championship than the scumbag premier league. maybe some people will shout no ambition but at least can have a bit of personal pride instead of playing in scummy Premier League

The EFL money men would happily knee cap us and any other club relegated. They want to blame parachute payments for their shoddy management of the league, TV contracts, and failure to actually deal with their own unsustainable bubble. Don't forget, it took them 3-4 years to settle with Bournemouth for their ridicilous FFP breaches, and even then, the fine of £7.5m means nothing to a Premier League club. We never breached FFP. But they are seemingly okay with the dubious tactics of Derby.

For the health of the club, I want us to remain in this league, if not, we'd have to bounce back within one season. The cards will continue to be stacked, clubs blamed for the hubris of the league's own failings.

Both leagues are in a giant bubble of overinflated TV money deals. This isn't the fault of any one club.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, useless said:

Not sure how the championship is any better than the premier league, they're motivated by money as well and are also going to restart. Would people be saying that they'd prefer the championship if we were in midtable, comes across as giving up hope of us surviving and trying to make the consequences seem like an attractive alternative to staying up, when really they're not. Football has been motivated by money for a long time, that's nothing new.

Of course the championship restart is motivated by money, they desperately need it because its next to nothing what they earn. What was the it per match for being on TV when we was in that league last season, 100k a game??? That's nothing  is it really compared to the premier league and it's only one league down so no wonder why championship clubs hold out on 20 mill now for there players.

As I game a fair bit I had heard something that even the top fifa player in the world earns more than what championship clubs earn, that's scary if true for the championship clubs and below. Somehow I feel that football somehow needs to find more financial support for the rest of the leagues. Football needs to find a way of evolving again, not just on the pitch (IRL) but away from the game as well. Merchandise will only ever bring so much, it doesn't ever come close does it to what a club needs, it helps yes but that's about it, same as gate receipts. Sponsors pay but unless it's a gambling one clubs wont see that much unless it's a top premier club always in upper half and the uk government is trying to get rid of gambling advertising as it is.

Wes Edans owns that Esports team Flyquest, there is money in gaming and it's a multi billion dollar industry now. I do not understand why the football leagues have not tapped into that industry properly yet. On the pitch real life financialy is one thing, but off the field if the leagues got there heads together I'm sure they could get into the gaming industry more than just selling there names off to EA, Pro evo,soccer manager games, if it generates money to help the leagues below why not ay???

What I'm trying to get at is a football club is a money driven business now, it has seen since the Beckam sale really. These football clubs should be looking in every direction now to obtain stability in any way they can to remain active in leagues.

Provisional fixture list for restart has us playing 3 of the first 4 games at “home”. Sheffield Utd, Chelsea, Wolves. An “away” tie at Newcastle. We’ve got to be quite happy with that, haven’t we?! I particularly fancy us to beat Newcastle early into the restart. If we get ourselves 100% as ready as is humanly possible for the restart, we could go a long way to safety within 8 days of the restart. Honestly think there’s wins in these opening few games if lessons have been learned. UTV

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

I would say the same thing I despise the Premier League and everything it stands for. The only reason I have interest because Villa play in the league

You are watching the Championship on the side then, since it's so good?

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

I think u need to have sky to watch the sky ones. Which is a bit stupid. If u have  a sky freeview box you ahould be able to. But you have to be a sky paying customer in some capacity to get those games.

So they are actually talking shit saying its free when its not 

Those that haven't got a Sky platform or freesat (its not called "sky freeview"), the free games will also be on Pick which is channel #11 on freeview

Not sure what more they can do, guess its easier to complain than do some research 😘

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Junxs said:

Those that haven't got a Sky platform or freesat (its not called "sky freeview"), the free games will also be on Pick which is channel #11 on freeview

Not sure what more they can do, guess its easier to complain than do some research 😘

NowTV is probably the answer? I believe you can pay to watch individual games, or you can buy a pass for a week or a month......I think? I’ll buy a month pass!

We could be practically relegated after those, looking on the positive side three of them are at home so should give us a fighting chance.

Edited by useless

12 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Big ten days for us, 3 at home for whatever that means but still they at home and some winnable games in there.

DF85D7AD-D961-45E1-BB96-0543539C0FDC.jpeg

I would take 3 points from those 4 games and be happy tbh. 

8 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

I would take 3 points from those 4 games and be happy tbh. 

Hmmm.  I honestly dont how we are going to react or any other team, this new time period has so many elements of our usual game that have been varied.

I can only go off past and yes we were struggling before lockdown but Wolves is a derby and as I've shown on this thread previously, it doesnt matter who has been the best team at the time over the recent years it's fairly open and even on results.  So there is a possibility of 3 points there despite them being a better team.  I think Newcastle is always a case of a possible 3 points.  Sheff Utd and Chelsea, who knows...sheff Utd are overachieving this season and may have a first game back blip or maybe they'll be the all action team they have been.  And Chelsea stars may not be up for it just yet.

So points total I dont know, my heart says 2 sneaky wins in there and two defeats, my head says we can get between 0 and 9 points, my betting side says we'll nick a win somewhere at least.

• Like 1

**** sake, looking like none of villas games are on the free sky channel 

Correction - Newcastle game is

Football

BBC will broadcast Bournemouth v Crystal Palace and Norwich v Everton as the first two of its four free-to-air Premier League games.

It is the first time since the Premier League's inception in 1992 that games will have been shown live by the BBC.

The Premier League will resume on 17 June after a 100-day hiatus because of the coronavirus pandemic. 

The fixture list, including kick-off times, for the first 32 matches after the restart has been announced.”

Edited by mikeyp102

1 hour ago, Junxs said:

Well as i say its not free then is it as they are advertising rupert 😘

You need to have a sky subscription in some capacity

• Confused 1

42 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Big ten days for us, 3 at home for whatever that means but still they at home and some winnable games in there.

DF85D7AD-D961-45E1-BB96-0543539C0FDC.jpeg

Hello pulled hamstrings and torn muscles.

Yeah lets just have 4 games in 10 days after 3 months of not playing football.

Integrity. Lols.

• Like 3

Going up to 5 subs per team is of course an advantage to the big clubs, but with this silly amount of games in such a short time it's a must.

The number of muscle injuries in the Bundesliga after the restart has quadrupled or close to, and they don't play anything close to this stupid schedule.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Well as i say its not free then is it as they are advertising rupert 😘

You need to have a sky subscription in some capacity

They will be advertising but you don't need to have sky subscription in any capacity to watch the free games.

• Like 4