Premier League 2019-2020 Thread

Enda

3 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Germany have threatened teams with points deductions if fans gather outside the ground. Bit more difficult in England as a lot of German fans mainly support local club compared to Liverpool, United fans dotted around England

If you are worried about Liverpool fans flocking together to celebrate winning title look at what happened today with the justice for George Floyd protest. Be double standards to allow mass gatherings for a cause to happen and not allow it for a celebration. 

2 minutes ago, sne said:

Some would argue that racism and police brutality is a more important issue than Liverpool winning a football title.

Liverpool fans wouldn't but they are morons anyway.

Of course it is but if you allow the one then the other will follow. Very dangerous!

• Like 2

9 hours ago, nick76 said:

Agreed, I cant wait until football comes back as I love it. 

What they are bringing back to complete the season isnt football, there can be no argument about that. 

I understand they want to complete the season and while I dont agree, that's fair enough for them because of the money situation.  But let's be clear, this isnt football coming back, it's the 4am getting home completely drunk, havent done any shopping and trying to make myself a meal and only having spam, one egg, a crust of a loaf and ketchup and that having to do until I can get a proper meal in the morning when I can get out of the house.  It's going to taste horrible, certainly not a meal but will fill what is required to fill and let's get past it.........

Haute cuisine eh? You posh beersteward. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Haha 1

If the big clubs gets their with 5 substitutes which is grossly unfair in many ways With their bigger in quality squads we should be allowed to re-register Heaton (Was Steer retained in the squad ?) and Wesley. It’s not as if we would be using players who didn’t already start for us and a fair concession to the smaller clubs. 

Football clubs will discuss on Thursday what to do if the season cannot be finished, although its widely expected that relegation will not be scrapped. So that's it we need to beat Sheffield United and then stay out of the relegation zone. 

1 hour ago, thabucks said:

If the big clubs gets their with 5 substitutes which is grossly unfair in many ways With their bigger in quality squads we should be allowed to re-register Heaton (Was Steer retained in the squad ?) and Wesley. It’s not as if we would be using players who didn’t already start for us and a fair concession to the smaller clubs. 

I think we can re-register them but it doesn't matter anyway neither are fit , Wes isn't even in the UK 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, thabucks said:

My understanding is that they can be registered but both are still injured and unlikely to be fit in time.  Hopefully the 5 sub rule will allow some academy players a run out !

12 minutes ago, Nabby said:

I think we can re-register them but it doesn't matter anyway neither are fit , Wes isn't even in the UK 

according to Jack on Sky, our injured players are the only ones not back at the club yet so I dont think allowed do rehab at Bodymoor Heath so probably Heaton isnt back either

1 hour ago, PaulC said:

Football clubs will discuss on Thursday what to do if the season cannot be finished, although its widely expected that relegation will not be scrapped. So that's it we need to beat Sheffield United and then stay out of the relegation zone. 

Won't the PL need to have 14 clubs vote their way to get teams relegated, if the season isn't completed after restarting it? 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, PaulC said:

If you are worried about Liverpool fans flocking together to celebrate winning title look at what happened today with the justice for George Floyd protest. Be double standards to allow mass gatherings for a cause to happen and not allow it for a celebration. 

Well that's Zatman's point surely as we have clearly seen that people will throw social distancing out the window if they feel there is a big enough reason, which no doubt Liverpool fans will think winning the title is.  I'm not sure they are 'allowing' the protest to happen, just it would look very bad if the government tried to disperse that crowd even though it's probably the right thing to do.

14 hours ago, PaulC said:

Well those gatherings were not allowed it was just so many stupid people went and ignored everything about social distancing it was impossible to control. 

3 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

Well that's Zatman's point surely as we have clearly seen that people will throw social distancing out the window if they feel there is a big enough reason, which no doubt Liverpool fans will think winning the title is.  I'm not sure they are 'allowing' the protest to happen, just it would look very bad if the government tried to disperse that crowd even though it's probably the right thing to do.

I know if they did they would be accused of racism, same with the police. No win situation there

Edited by PaulC

This is extremely reckless and dangerous. The fines are pittance.

Premier League clubs will only be fined a maximum of £25,000 if they breach the competition's new Covid-19 protocols.

The Premier League have dispatched so-called 'snoop squads' to every club to monitor training as they have returned to full contact over the past fortnight, but Sportsmail has learned that their powers of enforcement are extremely limited. 

The compliance officers are believed to be doing an extremely thorough job — for example, measuring the distance between cars and ordering clubs to wash the gates of their training grounds — but they are slightly hamstrung by the lack of a meaningful deterrent.

Edited by The_Steve
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Am I missing something? what's the point of measuring distance between players cars in the car park when the players are in full contact training with each other. 

I read the article but I assume they arent doing that now with full contact training but it seems they are...weird! pointless!