Premier League 2019-2020 Thread

Enda

9 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

I don't know what I'm looking forward to more, watching the Villa, or the end of this mind numbing thread.

Definitely the end of this thread 😁

• Like 1

6 hours ago, nick76 said:

Interesting to see when symptoms show over the coming days or week from those beach gatherings and protests how that affects R or not.  Worrying that new cases is remaining fairly flat and 3 out of the last 4 days still has well above 300 deaths per day.  Only the second country to hit 40k of deaths.

Things were looking reasonably promising 10 days ago but yes not good number of deaths is remaining in the 300s for a few days a week.

As much as I'm for the premier league coming back they should've waited a few more weeks and kicked on again on July 1st.

5 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

I don't know what I'm looking forward to more, watching the Villa, or the end of this mind numbing thread.

Are you mad, this thread wont end it will just get a name change to the championship 😉

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, OxfordVillan said:

ElGhazi has 4 goals and 4 assists in the Premier League this season,  2 of those assists coming in a 5-1 away win at Norwich, and one of the goals being the late consolation in a 6-1 home defeat against Man City. Context is important. So when you take the Norwich game out of the equation ElGhazi has two assists all season. That’s clearly nowhere near good enough for the position and role he has played. I thought he’d be much better than he has proven to be thus far. Also worth noting that the consolation goal against ManCity in mid January is his only goal or assist in the league since the ManUtd game on December 1st. Maybe he’s a fair weather player? If so then we might see much improved stats during these forthcoming summer games? 

Quite simply, he's just not very good

Any idea what time the ‘friendly’ with West Brom is happening today?

wonder if the club will put out any updates and/or footage on social media?

Will be interesting to see who gets minutes on the pitch - just hope West Brom don’t try and cripple our players to assist in relegating us! 

1 hour ago, handsworthvilla said:

Quite simply, he's just not very good

I think there is enough there to remain hopeful for now. The only one of our summer signings that I have totally written off is Jota. Even if we go down, we are not in a terrible place. We have a young squad now. The players are only going to get better. A few well chosen reinforcements will make all the difference. A Viera and Overmars would absolutely transform our team into top 6 contenders.

32 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Any idea what time the ‘friendly’ with West Brom is happening today?

wonder if the club will put out any updates and/or footage on social media?

Will be interesting to see who gets minutes on the pitch - just hope West Brom don’t try and cripple our players to assist in relegating us! 

Think its happened 2-2 Grealish and Davis the scorers and Mcginn played 45 mins.

• Thanks 2

According to the Brum Mail it isn't really a game. Not that I would take them as gospel.

Ahead of a Premier League restart, Aston Villa will take part in a training match today with local rivals West Bromwich Albion.

The two-legged affair will not be a competitive fixture, and instead will see two sets of XI's take on in-match drills in a bid to acclimatise to matchday situations.

The two separate matches of sixty minutes will take place at Villa Park, and will be officiated by staff members and coaches.

These matches will be key for a player such as John McGinn - who is close to a full return, and should be starting Villa's first game back upon the return.

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-injury-list-mings-14251861

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, S-Platt said:

Think its happened 2-2 Grealish and Davis the scorers and Mcginn played 45 mins.

Davis scored????

Do we have a new Davis?

If Davis scored then sir I salute you for your goal because it's about bloody time and I'm over the moon for you, how long has it been???

Now let's get you going in the premier or championship.

According to the Brum Mail

The friendly between Aston Villa and West Bromwich Albion ended 2-2 at Villa Park, according to reports.

The Daily Mail reports that Keinan Davis and Jack Grealish scored as Villa came from behind to draw with the Baggies. 

Polish winger Kamil Grosicki, who joined Albion from Championship rivals Hull City in January, reportedly put the visitors 1-0 up before Davis levelled the match.

Albion then added their second through Filip Krovinovic only for Grealish to tie the match in B. The game was reportedly played out in three 30-minute sections with Dean Smith and Slaven Bilic using squads of 25 players apiece. It was pencilled in as John McGinn's comeback game and the Scot is claimed to have managed 30 minutes of action. He's been unavailable to Smith since fracturing his ankle during a Christmas clash with Southampton.

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-vs-west-brom-18375794

• Thanks 1