Premier League 2019-2020 Thread

Enda

1 hour ago, The_Steve said:

Also, why are Spurs being bailed out by the Bank of England? They shouldn't be allowed on the scheme. They've basically got zero per cent interest rate loans. One of the richest owners. Clubs will be going bust in lower divisions. Slap in the face.

I think because they have a stadium they can’t afford with the prospect of no fans and no champions league football for a long time so I would say they are trying to avoid a fire sale of players.

1 hour ago, The_Steve said:

Also, why are Spurs being bailed out by the Bank of England? They shouldn't be allowed on the scheme. They've basically got zero per cent interest rate loans. One of the richest owners. Clubs will be going bust in lower divisions. Slap in the face.

If they get it then all clubs should be able to, especially the ones about to go bust . Be interesting to see their transfer budget this summer , paid for by the tax payer 

• Like 2

I said before, I much prefer play in the Championship than the scumbag premier league. maybe some people will shout no ambition but at least can have a bit of personal pride instead of playing in scummy Premier League

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Surely Joe Lewis in Bahamas can dip into his pockets a little more?

I think either way Spurs will be suffering a mini decline from this point, can see Kane leaving them in next 12 months. Was going to say they're us from May 2010 at this point but they're too well run to fall from grace like we did. Will dip from the consistant league level they've been last five years though.

2 hours ago, The_Steve said:

Shame Mervyn King is not still in charge. He'd have soon put a stop to that. 

So despite the London premium my hard earned tax is helping prop up West Ham and Tottenham.  Uurrgghhh. 

41 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Surely Joe Lewis in Bahamas can dip into his pockets a little more?

I think either way Spurs will be suffering a mini decline from this point, can see Kane leaving them in next 12 months. Was going to say they're us from May 2010 at this point but they're too well run to fall from grace like we did. Will dip from the consistant league level they've been last five years though.

Spurs had record pre-tax profits too. Many clubs are hard hit but this bailout scheme is being exploited by Spurs again, like the furloughed staff fiasco. Shameful ownership from very rich men. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Lichfield Dean said:

Apologies if it seems like I was annoyed with you or your comment, that isn't the case at all, I'm just angry with the Premier League.

I didn't read it like that, I'm far from happy with the PL too👍.

My earlier reference was intended only to suggest that we give it a go despite them, rather than give up, because of them. They lack the "integrity" that they so often give as a reason for doing something, that in itself lacks any "integrity". I was looking to use "integrity" like they do, to illustrate their lack of it. :cheers:

3 hours ago, The_Steve said:

So they are borrowing this cash as they are expecting a 200mil loss , so by borrowing is this a way around FFP 

I notice United have also taken a loan out 

Is it the case that an owner can't put in money due to FFP but loaning from a bank is allowed ..

• Like 1

I see Sky sports have said that, the PL will look at the curtailment "method" if a scenario exists where they'll have to.

Does that mean they could see they couldn't get 14 votes now, so they'll try again, when the rest of the clubs in the bottom half may be willing to vote to send down the bottom three, whoever they might be when/if the season is stopped again? 

Where would the so called "integrity" be in those clubs being prepared to vote for a system that would relegate clubs with the season not completed, as long as their vote couldn't disadvantage them? In the same place as Spurs taking out a low repayment rate, £175m covid corporate facility loan, just because they can? :(

• Like 2

4 hours ago, John said:

I see Sky sports have said that, the PL will look at the curtailment "method" if a scenario exists where they'll have to.

Does that mean they could see they couldn't get 14 votes now, so they'll try again, when the rest of the clubs in the bottom half may be willing to vote to send down the bottom three, whoever they might be when/if the season is stopped again? 

Where would the so called "integrity" be in those clubs being prepared to vote for a system that would relegate clubs with the season not completed, as long as their vote couldn't disadvantage them? In the same place as Spurs taking out a low repayment rate, £175m covid corporate facility loan, just because they can? :(

Voting to relegate the bottom 3 now sets an example, i dont think teams in bottom half will vote for that because if a 2nd wave hits next season it could be them in the bottom 3 when play stops

25 minutes ago, Villarocker said:

Are all the games being screened free? If so, how? 

I think u need to have sky to watch the sky ones. Which is a bit stupid. If u have  a sky freeview box you ahould be able to. But you have to be a sky paying customer in some capacity to get those games.

So they are actually talking shit saying its free when its not 

11 hours ago, Zatman said:

I said before, I much prefer play in the Championship than the scumbag premier league. maybe some people will shout no ambition but at least can have a bit of personal pride instead of playing in scummy Premier League

Playing in the Championship would need us to have our owners bail us out with about a £100m per season just to have us stay afloat.

All our capable players would leave, we would not be able to replace them. Out sponsorship deals would also be much smaller and the TV-money down there is almost nothing.

There is just countless reasons why being in that league for a prolonged time is financially impossible. Especially for a club our size.

No doubt the owners would lose interest as what would be the point for them? 

For me there was no personal pride in how we played in the Championship, we bought our way out and even had to sell our stadium to ourselves to get out. Had we not our finances would have been in the toilet.

That whole league is a financially unsustainable mess, almost all clubs there are bleeding financially. It's a joke league.

Edited by sne
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, sne said:

No doubt the owners would lose interest as what would be the point for them? 

the futility of modern day football....

what is the point? its mad to me how many fans don't see it for its become, including other teams fans too, there are 10+ teams in the PL doing absolutely nothing, plus then another 3 or 4 under the illusion that they are doing something when they're not, even clubs like everton and arsenal now, whats the point of them? what are they doing? absolutely jack shit

• Like 1

Not sure how the championship is any better than the premier league, they're motivated by money as well and are also going to restart. Would people be saying that they'd prefer the championship if we were in midtable, comes across as giving up hope of us surviving and trying to make the consequences seem like an attractive alternative to staying up, when really they're not. Football has been motivated by money for a long time, that's nothing new.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, useless said:

Not sure how the championship is any better than the premier league, they're motivated by money as well and are also going to restart. Would people be saying that they'd prefer the championship if we were in midtable, comes across as giving up hope of us surviving and trying to make the consequences seem like an attractive alternative to staying up, when really they're not. Football has been motivated by money for a long time, that's nothing new.

I would say the same thing I despise the Premier League and everything it stands for. The only reason I have interest because Villa play in the league

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1