Premier League 2019-2020 Thread

Enda

3 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

The subtext is the paltry fines and the claim that the enforcement teams were not able to investigate clubs earlier.

Appreciate that but wasnt expecting anything harsher to be honest, essentially the Premier League are policing the Premier League, so policing themselves. 

2 minutes ago, Farlz said:

Well that just favours all the top sides with deep squads

It does but I still think it's the sensible way to go.

Players will be unfit and even if it's England the temperatures might become and issue. 

Loads of games in a short period of time, there is a huge risk of injuries. Pretty sure the player association have been pushing for this as well.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Farlz said:

Well that just favours all the top sides with deep squads

23 minutes ago, sne said:

It does but I still think it's the sensible way to go.

Players will be unfit and even if it's England the temperatures might become and issue. 

Loads of games in a short period of time, there is a huge risk of injuries. Pretty sure the player association have been pushing for this as well.

It's a change of the rules with 75% of the season already completed.

I'm sure there are many many games which have already taken place where clubs would have liked to have made additional subs but couldnt.

In my view it's pathetic and stinks.

• Like 4

I don't think anyone will be massively surprised to see this rule stay in next season when we start behind closed doors, and then, come 2021 when fans start to come back, it'll just be business as usual and there'll be no need to change anything back.

Nine allowed on the bench is the other part to the rule.

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, imavillan said:

It's a change of the rules with 75% of the season already completed.

I'm sure there are many many games which have already taken place where clubs would have liked to have made additional subs but couldnt.

In my view it's pathetic and stinks.

I agree  you can be relegated now because a team makes a 5th sub who scored where as in the corresponding  game you only had 3 subs 

I also think it will stay going forward or at least the 9 subs on the bench ( I think Italy already allows more subs on bench that PL) 

• Like 2

From BBC Football (full report below), "How to end the season, decide the league positions and the possible consequences should it prove impossible to play the remaining matches was discussed at a meeting of clubs, but any decision was delayed to concentrate on the return of action." No agreement on that yet then....;)

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52914350

• Like 1

Interesting detail on the five subs though is.

"While each team can make five substitutions, each team will still only have three opportunities to make changes throughout the match in order to minimize disruption to the game"

Edited by gurru991

Possible leak of fixtures selected for TV games for us on twitter;

Sunday 21st June: Villa-Chelsea 4.30pm (Sky)

Weds 24th June: Newcastle Villa 6pm (BT)

Sunday 28th June: Villa-Wolves 12pm (BT)

See how accurate that is when things are announced.

38 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

So Liverpool can now bring on 5 first teamers when the schoolboys go 2 goals down 

Or vice versa, when they have won the league after a few games the following games they can give the first teamers a rest, saying they started the game with their best team and then by half time put the kids on....at least they have held up the integrity of the game because they started with the best team 🤣 2-0 up at half time but lose 5-2.

Just now, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Re: Liverpool of the relegation favourites it looks like it's us and Brighton still to play them....maybe we'll be helped by them winning the league before we play?

Hopefully

Maybe Jimmy Milner will come on and purposefully slot in some own goals for us so we can stay up 😜

• Like 2

Might as well just give up with these substitution rules and the schedule of the games. No way can we compete now. Why risk the health of the players when the rules have now been stacked against us?

5 minutes ago, Lichfield Dean said:

Might as well just give up with these substitution rules and the schedule of the games. No way can we compete now. Why risk the health of the players when the rules have now been stacked against us?

Let's give it a bit of a bash anyway. ;)

If only for the integrity of the PL.... If it ever had any, it would punish clubs heavily that chose to play weakened teams, in what could be decisive games for their opponents. It is going to be a super grand lottery festival of televised fun time soccer. Do we go heads or tails?   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, John said:

If only for the integrity of the PL.... If it ever had any, it would punish clubs heavily that chose to play weakened teams, in what could be decisive games for their opponents. It is going to be a super grand lottery festival of televised fun time soccer. Do we go heads or tails?   

Integrity? If they had any integrity they would scrap the season.

People's lives and careers are at stake here and all they care about is money and ensuring Liverpool get their trophy.

There are only two acceptable scenarios here - either they wait until it's safe and play the remaining games under the same rules as the rest of the season or they scrap the season entirely. Anything else is a total abomination.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, John said:

Apologies if it seems like I was annoyed with you or your comment, that isn't the case at all, I'm just angry with the Premier League.

Edited by Lichfield Dean

Wolves have used 20 players all season. What happens with a growing injury list and clubs can only register the minimum? They play one of the elite squads who can make 3 subs at half-time or 2 subs in extra time to kill off the match. It's a joke, just a rotten excuse to give Liverpool now what is a tainted leage trophy.

Just watch them make this change permanent next season.

• Like 1