Premier League 2019-2020 Thread

Enda

6 minutes ago, useless said:

Don't know if they were involved in the game but apparently Mungo Bridge, Louie Barry, Tyreik Wright and Jack Clarke were training with the first team.

Would make sense if the extra subs is confirmed. We have no squad.

Great chance for one of them to come off the bench and make themselves a name.

Was a bit surprised that one of them was Jack Clarke, the few times I've seen him on youtube streams he looks quite a good tidy midfielder, but doesn't seem to get talked about and is 21 now and not really been near the first team squad, so wondered if he might be leaving in the summer, but if he's training with the first team squad maybe he does have a chance, sometimes it happens that the ones that hardly get hyped up are the ones who go on to do well.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, useless said:

Was a bit surprised that one of them was Jack Clarke, the few times I've seen him on youtube streams he looks quite a good tidy midfielder, but doesn't seem to get talked about and is 21 now and not really been near the first team squad, so wondered if he might be leaving in the summer, but if he's training with the first team squad maybe he does have a chance, sometimes it happens that the ones that hardly get hyped up are the ones who go on to do well.

I think he does get some mentions. I’ve never seen the youth play, but have heard of him 

I know he gets mentioned but not to the same extent of the other players in his age group like O'Hare, Doyle-Hayes, Green, Hepburn-Murphy and so on, and he's never brought up in conversations about which of our youth players can break into the first team.

13 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

A friendly with leicester next. The team thats humiliated smith twice this year in the league 

Just what you want before the battle of our lives. Another morale sapping drubbing at the hands of a far superior team. All that positive energy at getting back on the field. Gone.

The mind boggles at some of the decisions made this year.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

It's a friendly not the World Cup final

Did i say it wasnt?

1 hour ago, bannedfromHandV said:

And who we beat over two legs to reach the cup final.

Would rather have won in the league any day. But we got a bit lucky with the win

• Confused 1

40 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Did i say it wasnt?

Would rather have won in the league any day. But we got a bit lucky with the win

Well yes your negative post made a friendly sound as if was an important game

5 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

And who we beat over two legs to reach the cup final.

Ya just had to remind me about that ... I've been drinking trying to forget.

Semi finals count but pre-season means very little.

• Haha 1