Premier League 2019-2020 Thread

Enda

51 minutes ago, useless said:

We could be practically relegated after those, looking on the positive side three of them are at home so should give us a fighting chance.

Or we could win all four of them and be safe by the end of June 👍

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, sne said:

Going up to 5 subs per team is of course an advantage to the big clubs, but with this silly amount of games in such a short time it's a must.

The number of muscle injuries in the Bundesliga after the restart has quadrupled or close to, and they don't play anything close to this stupid schedule.

I wonder if we use that in our tactics.....maybe start with some players that pull them around first half and then fresh legs second half.  Save McGinn and Samatta for second half so they are fresh, and then with McGinn's running capacity and Samatta nicking in capacity when the midfielders and defenders are tired or suffering slight strains.

Winning all four of them isn't out of the question, certainly I'd be desolate, down and disappointed with anything less than seven points, none of those teams are particularly good, we should be confident that we're capable of winning each one of them.

• Like 1

Just now, useless said:

Winning all four of them isn't out of the question, certainly I'd be desolate, down and disappointed with anything less than seven points, none of those teams are particularly good, we should be confident that we're capable of winning each one of them.

100% 👌

there has only been two good teams this season, Liverpool & ManCity. Every other team is definitely beatable on any given day. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Not a chance McGinn after 6 months out can play all 4 games

I think with the 5 subs, I wouldn’t be surprised to see him play a part in all 4. But I agree it won’t be 4 90min games.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

I think with the 5 subs, I wouldn’t be surprised to see him play a part in all 4. But I agree it won’t be 4 90min games.

From memory he was struggling a bit to perform for 90 mins even before the injury.

You have to be C Ronaldo level fit to manage 4x90 mins in 10 or 11 days.

32 minutes ago, sne said:

From memory he was struggling a bit to perform for 90 mins even before the injury.

You have to be C Ronaldo level fit to manage 4x90 mins in 10 or 11 days.

Ronaldo or Drinkwater you mean 😉

Edited by nick76
  • Haha 3

19 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Not a chance McGinn after 6 months out can play all 4 games

At this point won't he be on the same level as most players fitness-wise? Given how long it's been since anyone played.

So that's 4 games before the loan deals and some contracts run out on 30/6th

I know Liverplop extended the deals for their guys at Bournemouth but still a huge load of players who's deals are up in the air.

39 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

4 games in 10 days is crazy after this amount of time away from football. 

Arsenal seem to have the worst of it. Play at 8pm on the Wednesday at Man. City then have to play at Brighton on the Saturday at 3pm so plenty of travelling and less than 70 hours recovery. At least we have two home games and extra days rest for Chelsea.

Edited by VillaChris