Premier League 2019-2020 Thread

Enda

14 minutes ago, nick76 said:

But do they?....fully understand paying bills and feeding family but we still have furloughing. The polls seem to suggest otherwise and I think it’s just a vocal minority wanting to risk it or breaking the rules.  The majority want the stay at home to continue.

Precisely, and the minority spoil it for those abiding by the rules and hence cases, infections and deaths will remain the norm until people do what is best!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, nick76 said:

Is it me or do some of our fans want to be relegated?  They continual argue for the case to be relegated.......it baffles me.  At worst re our survival, it's a 50/50 that we should be relegated but arguably the odds are in our favour that we shouldnt be relegated but I feel like I'm constantly arguing against our own fans why we shouldnt be relegated.  I would've thought the vast majority on these websites would be arguing the points of why we shouldnt be relegated but feels the opposite way.....it's bizarre!

Indeed, it also baffles me why some argue the case for relegation. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, nick76 said:

But do they?....fully understand paying bills and feeding family but we still have furloughing. The polls seem to suggest otherwise and I think it’s just a vocal minority wanting to risk it or breaking the rules.  The majority want the stay at home to continue.

furloughing doesn't cover everybody out of work. Peoples incomes have dramatically dropped and are suffering from anxiety. I've never filled out a poll, so what does it mean. Food banks have never been so busy. Sorry this has nothing to do with the Premier League restarting but I really sense we are reaching breaking point in the lockdown. 

52 minutes ago, nick76 said:

People want to get back to work but the majority don’t think it’s safe to yet.  That’s a big difference. Just one of a number of polls proving that.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/may/02/fearful-britons-oppose-lifting-lockdown-schools-pubs-restaurants-opinium-poll

C79EE837-5301-407C-9548-3EC7E32301C5.jpeg

Still enough people for it though and that will only grow. 

Clubs are going to vote for things that benefit them.

West Ham ,Brighton etc who are not relegation spots will not want to play games .They are safe if league is voided.

Villa are in relegation zone.If league is voided and PPG is used we get relegated.

It depends on whether other clubs will support us.Not sure who would vote against PPG apart from 3 relegated clubs.

I think we would prefer BCD to automatic relegation.Our 1 trump card is our game in hand ,if we had all played the same number of games I think we would struggle to argue against relegation.

So is this proposal to play games our best chance of not getting relegated?

23 minutes ago, PaulC said:

furloughing doesn't cover everybody out of work. Peoples incomes have dramatically dropped and are suffering from anxiety. I've never filled out a poll, so what does it mean. Food banks have never been so busy. Sorry this has nothing to do with the Premier League restarting but I really sense we are reaching breaking point in the lockdown. 

Yeah I really sense that is not true and it’s the vocal minority are saying that.  

People are realising this is a unique time, we need to stay home, stay safe and protect the NHS for much longer because we are nowhere near the right time to open up.

23 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Still enough people for it though and that will only grow. 

Are you reading the same data?  You think we should be relegated and also open up the country......I give up!

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Nabby said:

I'm not as once they play games overseas's it opens it up to happen once we get back to ''normal'' 

Relegation at best of times is a shit show but this season you would go to the EFL who are struggling and where gate recepits are a bigger part of income , no fans all season will kill any club goin down with the loss of TV revenue.Then factor in even teams in PL are struggling and talk of hardly any transfers then we would find me might have to sell likes of Jack and Levy type prices .In our case if FFP is relaxed the owners might take the hit for a season

On Smith if the season hadn't suspended he was rumoured to have Chelsea to save his job , interesting to see if the season restarts and we lose that if he is given more time.

Im meant not for the reasons you highlighted. Either here or not at all

1 hour ago, villalad21 said:

Great opportunity for the u-23's then

Last I knew they were footballers with families too.

Edited by Rolta
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, The_Steve said:

10 confirmed cases in the top German leagues, pushing the proposed restart back to later this month. If the PL think this won't happen here, I've got a bridge to sell them.

Add this in the mix as well !!!!!!!

Footballers really are idiots who just can't help themselves.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sportsnews/article-8284991/Former-Chelsea-striker-Salomon-Kalou-seen-making-mockery-coronavirus-hygiene-rules.html

The video that could blow up the Bundesliga's return: Ex-Chelsea striker Salomon Kalou films stars flouting strict coronavirus hygiene rules and mocking testing as he complains about his pay cut... while 10 players test positive

• Like 1

The way I see it is they are basically forging ahead with the season only to appease TV broadcasters and advertisers first and foremost so clubs won’t have to forgo or return millions of £££ ... Sky have been great for football but they also dIctated too much and for too long And now have too much sway which isn’t healthy for the game. If I were the clubs I’d be researching setting up direct to subscriber platform like Netflix and ditch sky - Simon Jordan loath him or not has been vocal on this. Broadcast all games for £10 a month x100 million world wide subscribers equals billions per season with a proportion to be shared throughout the leagues. Skys stranglehold to show footy is surely going to become archaic and is not good for the game anymore and needs taken back under control somewhat. We shouldn’t be basing the return of football just on financial factors and appeasing others but sadly that is where we are ...

They havent even arranged a deal regarding the contracts or loans except some illegal extension of contracts. 

Dont laugh but on recent form, Hogan is one of the form strikers in England. Nothing to stop us registering him again and gets us valuable points 😂

• Haha 1

So the idea of no relegation is a non starter as Sky says its not going to attract viewers ...I wonder how many people can get out  of their current sky sports sub based on a non relegation season.

6 minutes ago, Nabby said:

So the idea of no relegation is a non starter as Sky says its not going to attract viewers ...I wonder how many people can get out  of their current sky sports sub based on a non relegation season.

Can’t believe they have said that, Who care if they don’t have relegation, I pay to watch football, it’ll be only one season with no relegation and they would get more games next season if they promote teams to the prem 

Interesting interview with an anonymous footballer on Football 365. Players have not been consulted on any of this situation and they feel like animals at the circus

Not that it matter in the context of PL, but Finnish government just announced that (among other things) sporting events can resume 1st of June. There will be restrictions, which they didn't specify yet. 

4 minutes ago, AVTuco said:

Not that it matter in the context of PL, but Finnish government just announced that (among other things) sporting events can resume 1st of June. There will be restrictions, which they didn't specify yet. 

So they can Finnish the season 😂😂😂

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, nick76 said:

Are you reading the same data?  You think we should be relegated and also open up the country......I give up!

Don’t think either. It’s happening where I am that’s all I’m saying 

Edited by PaulC