Premier League 2019-2020 Thread

Enda

1 minute ago, The_Steve said:

Liverpool are using the furloughing scheme for their non-paying staff 🙄🙄🙄

Another valid reason for not making them champions. They should hold their heads in shame. Everyone expected Levy & Ashley to put money ahead of decency, but now the media darlings have joined them in this unseemly dash for money, others will be tempted to follow. They've condoned the reprehensible behaviour of Spurs and Newcastle by doing this and have opened the floodgates to every other PL club to do the same.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

What a bunch of ghouls tbh. The government scheme will cover 80% of their wage, so why cannot the club cover it all?! They had a pre-tax profit of £42m not so long ago. I will be just as mad if Villa did it. It’s an absolute shame. 

Kudos to Everton for not abusing the scheme. 

• Like 3

Furlough!

Why would they not? They are businesses, expecting any different you are kidding yourself.  Business and emotion, there is only one winner to them and they know that PR short might be slightly bad but given everything else it will be mostly forgotten as we have bigger problems like the virus.

“It’s not personal, it’s business”

Not my opinion, just stating the obvious!

Edited by nick76

3 hours ago, terrytini said:

Terrific. I’m well ready.
Strewn bog roll all over the toilet floor, lit a fag threw it inside and waited for it to go out before I used the lav, eaten a half cooked pie, stuck a tenner in an envelope marked “ William Hill” and threw it in the bin.

Now all I need is to get really pissed off for half an hour and spend the rest of the day arguing with @TRO as to why it weren’t the Managers fault.

Bring it on !

Terry, I've spent more time clapping the NHS, than our lot.😜

Edited by TRO
  • Haha 1

Ashley is the worse type of low life there is though. Kept his sports direct shops open even after the govt said they were to be shut. Then sent emails asking it it applied to his shops. Then announced he had given to charity. Liverpool are wrong though. But that has nothing to do with not deserving to win the title 

3 hours ago, John said:

Another valid reason for not making them champions. They should hold their heads in shame. Everyone expected Levy & Ashley to put money ahead of decency, but now the media darlings have joined them in this unseemly dash for money, others will be tempted to follow. They've condoned the reprehensible behaviour of Spurs and Newcastle by doing this and have opened the floodgates to every other PL club to do the same.

Absolute disgrace.....

another purely money motivated decision.

wait til this is over for them to sign whoever for xx millions

football really does not get it does it

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

He corrected the tweet below to it would cover 28 months!

Has there been an official FFP relaxation? I've not heard that.  Does that give us wiggle room? 

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

Has there been an official FFP relaxation? I've not heard that.  Does that give us wiggle room? 

‘Wiggle room’ isn’t going to be the thing... we will have lost a fortune from these games not played... I guess for us the question (beyond cash flow) is if the season is cancelled do they relax it enough for the owners to pour in more of their own cash.

24 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

‘Wiggle room’ isn’t going to be the thing... we will have lost a fortune from these games not played... I guess for us the question (beyond cash flow) is if the season is cancelled do they relax it enough for the owners to pour in more of their own cash.

They have to, you cant punish a club through FFP when 1/3 of the season isnt played.

They would get wrecked in a court of law, they will have to allow clubs to balance the books.

21 minutes ago, sne said:

Players union not keen on lowering their wages apparently, for tax reasons.

Better they donate some of their salary to charities themselves, rather than let their clubs have money that they are contracted to pay them. It's a different matter for EFL clubs, who could struggle to stay afloat, without players helping them in this way.The PL clubs would also save on employees National Insurance contributions, in respect of wages they didn't pay their players. It would be a win, win for them, but for nobody else. It may be business, but it's not very ethical business practice.

If they play in June/July behind closed doors with the virus still going on for the sake of tv contract obligations  and then not refund a third of my season ticket then frankly football can do one. 

I would seriously consider not renewing my season ticket if they take this callous approach.

• Like 1