Premier League 2019-2020 Thread

Enda

They will kick this can down the line again today and will hope for a early summer finish. Even though all sports competitions  to be held in the summer so far have been cancelled. They are desperate not to lose hundreds of million of pounds of tv revenue even though what they are proposing seem to be flying in the face of public health. This season will be voided it will just take a couple more weeks for the suits to realise  this.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, S-Platt said:

Nike have said that Liverpool will finish this season in NB whenever that/if that is.

I read that, and fair play to Nike - I'm not sure how the finances have worked out, or whether it's their desire not to get back into court after the slightly dubious ruling on the changeover earlier in the year, but it's a generous thing for them to do - I'd guess they'll be very well compensated.

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

I hate the Premier league.

They're just a bunch of words removed, along with SkyScuimSport.

Glad I stopped going, will spend my money on something that deserves it more.

8 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

They're just a bunch of words removed, along with SkyScuimSport.

Glad I stopped going, will spend my money on something that deserves it more.

I must admit a combination of their “ efforts” so far, the nerve of Clubs wanting State support, and realising I’m not missing it is having the same effect on me.

Not to mention every time I recall the toilets 😱

I appreciate that’s also a function of having real things to worry about, and that I may rediscover an enthusiasm, but there’s no doubt I’ll take a long hard look at whether I want to continue to spend 1500-2000 a year on it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

The b******s are sneaking this through! 

https://www.sportbible.com/football/news-teams-may-be-able-to-make-five-subs-when-premier-league-returns-20200402?source=facebook&fbclid=IwAR00rQ9T9q9TUYbnzqXAmO1R4atm1WpaNWqK4ADPM1rNldiW2_e0K9gMzSU

The Champions league clubs have been lobbying for this for years - they'd love eleven on the bench and as many subs allowed as possible - it takes away some of the randomness of the game and  adds another competitive advantage for those teams that can afford the biggest squads. To try and sneak it through as a reaction to the coronavirus crisis is sh**housery of the highest order. 

more money-go-round bias, those with the most money: bigger, better quality squads prevail.

To introduce mid season stinks. 

With sky saying they want the tv money back , the whole of english football  should refuse to renew the contract , likewise every football fan should cancel sky sports. Then we would see how much power they really have

• Like 3

1 minute ago, mattyvilla said:

With sky saying they want the tv money back , the whole of english football  should refuse to renew the contract , likewise every football fan should cancel sky sports. Then we would see how much power they really have

This would be magnificent, but it'll never happen.

I think there are very few like myself who will not pay for football on TV, and fewer still that never have (happy to say I'm also in that category).

• Like 2

2 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

The b******s are sneaking this through! 

https://www.sportbible.com/football/news-teams-may-be-able-to-make-five-subs-when-premier-league-returns-20200402?source=facebook&fbclid=IwAR00rQ9T9q9TUYbnzqXAmO1R4atm1WpaNWqK4ADPM1rNldiW2_e0K9gMzSU

The Champions league clubs have been lobbying for this for years - they'd love eleven on the bench and as many subs allowed as possible - it takes away some of the randomness of the game and  adds another competitive advantage for those teams that can afford the biggest squads. To try and sneak it through as a reaction to the coronavirus crisis is sh**housery of the highest order. 

Let's talk about Integrity when Jack Wilshere comes off the bench as West Ham's 5th substitute in the dying minutes of the 4th quarter to pop up with a winner that relegates against Aston Villa!

36 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Weird the Premier League are to announce a possible restart date. Any news on whether the Chinese super league is still restarting?

They can name any day they want. If the virus hasn't been checked it wont happen!

They are really starting to panic now!

• Like 1

They will kick the can down the road for another month or so at best, or will come up with some awful way to get these games done, either behind closed doors or somewhere abroad. It's all about the money with them. They're determined to finish the season at any cost and whatever is happening in the world around them. Their greed knows no bounds and they lack both integrity, and compassion.

1 hour ago, mattyvilla said:

Don’t know what I think. Sky made the Premier League. Without their money it would be nothing. Players and clubs have had it good for too long. Ticket prices have gone through the roof. Clubs treat fans like cattle. No heating in football grounds even in sub zero temperatures, when they are making a fortune. 

Just now, PaulC said:

Don’t know what I think. Sky made the Premier League. Without their money it would be nothing. Players and clubs have had it good for too long. Ticket prices have gone through the roof. Clubs treat fans like cattle. No heating in football grounds even in sub zero temperatures, when they are making a fortune. 

not sure it would be nothing without their money , division one was great before the sky money . Like you say players have had it too good for too long , i'd be more than happy to go back to no tv coverage and a fiver a ticket

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fightoffyour said:

Let's talk about Integrity when Jack Wilshere comes off the bench as West Ham's 5th substitute in the dying minutes of the 4th quarter to pop up with a winner that relegates against Aston Villa!

Pretty unrealistic, we all know Wilshere will get injured giving a high 5 to the player coming off

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, PaulC said:

How did it make it. English football won more European Cups without the Sky money, they have won 5 in 28 years. All Sky did was monopolise English football 

1 hour ago, mattyvilla said:

Sky is on the last legs, they have lost everything but Premier League. They would be stupid to start a fight